Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does MiniToolBox work on Windows 8/8.1?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 burningbush

burningbush

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:12 PM

Windows 8/8.1 is not listed at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/ .

TIA!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

Hi burningbush :)

I can confirm you that MiniToolBox works under Windows 8/8.1. However, if it's fully supported (which means that it works as good under Windows 7 as under Windows 8/8.1), I cannot tell. If it's fully supported however, we can ask Grinler to adjust the tool description :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

In my experience it works on both. It has worked on a windows 8.0 and a windows 8.1 laptop of mine. The logs from it seem to show everything they show when run on other machines so it seems that all it's features work on windows 8 and 8.1 . Windows 8 and 8.1 users are often advised to run it by forum experts so that also indicates it works in it's entirety on these operating systems.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

Are you having a problem running the tool?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users