Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse zooming in and out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 magally_d

magally_d

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

hello guys, am a dummy and need some assist. My mouse keep zooming  in and out whenever I scroll. Please help.

regards magally

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Is your mouse wheel zooming in everything ?  The reason I ask is that it is meant to zoom in graphics type applications - image viewers, Google Earth, drawing packages, and to scroll in text type applications - such as Word, most web pages and so on. Very flexible little beasts mice !

If it is zooming all the time it is likely to be either a mouse driver problem or a faulty mouse. The easiest way to establish if there is a problem with a mouse is try a different. Just borrow one. But get back to us.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,638 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

If this is happening while in a browser it may be because your Ctrl key is stuck. Pressing Ctrl while using the scroll wheel causes zoom in and out on firefox and also Chrome. Tap on the Ctrl key a few times and see if that solves the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users