Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

photo recovery from formatted micro sd card

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ariesgirl25

ariesgirl25

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

hello,

yesterday I noticed my phone didn't recognize my micro sd card which it has been using for a long while. I restarted my phone, removed and replaced the card but nothing helped. I put the card into its adapter and my computer said it needed to be formatted. I hit ok. I have tried countless data recovery programs, trying for hours, but they only come up with the same 1 video and 1 photo every time if that. the pic and movie aren't even the most recent ones I had taken. I didn't put new data on the card after formatting. can someone please help me? is there a no-fail recovery program out there? can I recover them from dos or something? I am desperate. I just want the pictures back. I just don't know what to do. thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

I do not know what recovery programs you have tried but Easeus Data Recovery is one of the better ones. It will let you recover up to 1GB for free. After 1GB you need to purchase a serial to recover the rest. Never recover files back to the SD card you are trying to recover from.

#3 ariesgirl25

ariesgirl25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

I managed to recover 18 photos but even though they are .jpg I can't open them. it says my computer doesn't support the format yet it will open every other .jpg that I have that wasn't recovered.....:s

#4 go4goalnw

go4goalnw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

Your memory card is corrupted so that it is inaccessible, using Data Recovery Software you can easily recover your photos and files from memory card instantly.

#5 go4goalnw

go4goalnw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

I managed to recover 18 photos but even though they are .jpg I can't open them. it says my computer doesn't support the format yet it will open every other .jpg that I have that wasn't recovered.....:s

You can use Recuva for the recovery of your photos.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,607 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

It seems your files are corrupted. Depending on how important your pictures are you may want to use a professional recovery service. This can be expensive but they will give you a free quote.

http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/

#7 ariesgirl25

ariesgirl25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

recovery software will not work. I have tried at least 10 different programs including recuva. I get nothing. I guess they are actually gone. I can't afford a professional's help. I have no clue how I managed to erase these files without a trace. the government would love me.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,607 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:19 PM

I doubt you will get your files back using the following method but it is worth a try. See if using Partition Wizard can find your files. Download the windows version here. Install it and then attach your SD card. Run the program and look for the SD data card in the Partition Wizard UI. Try the partition recovery option. Use the full scan. If it finds a partition check the box next to the found partition and press the Explore files on the selected partition button. See if it lists your files. If it does click Proceed and then finish.

Make sure you are selecting your SD card and not your internal drive.

Edit: Corrected link for partition software recovery.

Edited by JohnC_21, 22 April 2015 - 09:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users