Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 RAID

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 biferibiferi

biferibiferi

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:53 PM

I have Win7 Home Premiume 64Bit.

I Right Click on My Computer and pick Manag.

Then I click on Storage and all my Hard Drives come up.

I have one Drive with all my Photos Music and so on and a Black Drive.

I Right click the Drive with my Photos and Music and so on and I was looking for the Words   Ad New Merror or something like this.

I do not see anything for making a RAID?

I wanted to make a RAID with Win7 because I do not wwant to Pay for a Program to do the same thing.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:18 AM

Windows has software RAID, but offers just spanned, stripe, mirror. So it has limitations than that of a hardware based RAID setup. The drives needs to be wiped and volume deleted to rebuild the drives. Here's more detailed information on how to go about that. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/36504/how-to-create-a-software-raid-array-in-windows-7/

#3 biferibiferi

biferibiferi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

Sorry I have two 500GB SATA2. Hard Drives and in DeviceManager I Delete them from the list so I cann make the RAID from them.

I then go to the Bottum and Right click on the first 500GB Drive I want to Ad to the RAID and the only options are.

Strip and Spann.

But on YouTube they so you a Mirror option.

Can you help

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:31 PM

What video on youtube are you refering to? Yes you shoudl have a mirroring option. Have you followed the tutorial I provided? Have you installed the raid drivers for the disks? The motherboard chiset drivers and raid drivers need to be installed. You also have to activate the array in the settings in there.

Edited by technonymous, 22 April 2015 - 11:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users