Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

down loaded saved files won't open from web

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 billybobbill

billybobbill

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

when i click on file to open it just shows sub files. i don't have ms office just openoffice. if it does open in openoffice it isunreadable. when i try to make openoffice the default program it doesn't show as a program in the choose list.
i have windows-7. just documents seem to be the issue. adobe pdfs do open. photos are ok to.
thanks for any input.
bill

Edit: Topic moved from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

Try word pad in accessories, it might work.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:53 AM

Please post the complete filename, including the extension.

If you are saying that you cannot open ANY files that would normally be opened by MS Office or other office suite...please let us know.

Louis

#4 billybobbill

billybobbill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

hello doppleganger,

i have tried notepad. don't have word pad. still a no go. just displays gibberish.

thanks

bill

#5 billybobbill

billybobbill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:57 PM

doppleganger,

my mistake. i have both wordpad and notepad. same issue in both.

i never had the ms office suite. i have the updated openoffice 4.1.1 version. also have adobe reader dc.

i'll try messing with the default programs again later when i have time.

would downloading a free file opener program be a worth a try or would i just invite unwanted problems?

thanks

bill

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

Please post the site or link just in case so we could check on it next time.

Tekken

#7 billybobbill

billybobbill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

is this file viewer ok to download?

http://www.open-file.com/file-extension-js.html

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

Hi billybobbill :)

This website have a bad reputation on Web of Trust (red) and also it doesn't look trustworthy at all. Can you tell me what file extensions you're trying to open? If you're trying to open .js (Javascript) files, you can simply right-click on them and select "Edit" or "Modify" and it'll open in your default text editor (usually Notepad on Windows).

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 billybobbill

billybobbill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

.js file in notepad is giberrish. edit option does not always appear when i right click a dowmload file. sometimes i get the the open with option but this is not always the case. if it does open it's unreadable.

thanks for the headsup on the web file viewer.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

What kind of giberrish? Can you copy and paste the content of one .js file in your next reply? Also, what kind of files do you download? I know you download .js files, but other than that?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#11 billybobbill

billybobbill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

(function(){var aa=encodeURIComponent,f=window,ba=setTimeout,n=Math;function Pc(a,{return a.href=b}function fa(a,{return a.name=b}
var Qc="replace",q="data",m="match",xc="send",ja="port",u="createElement",id="setAttribute",da="getTime",x="host",A="split",B="location",ra="hasOwnProperty",ma="hostname",ga="search",E="protocol",Ab="href",kd="action",G="apply",p="push",h="hash",s="test",ha="slice",r="cookie",t="indexOf",ia="defaultValue",v="name",y="length",z="prototype",la="clientWidth",jd="target",C="call",na="clientHeight",F="substring",oa="navigator",Ub="parentNode",H="join",I="toLowerCase";var pa=new function(){var a=[];this.set=function({a[b]=!0};this.M=function(){for(var b=[],c=0;c<a[y];c++)a[c]&&(b[n.floor(c/6)]=b[n.floor(c/6)]^1<<c%6);for(c=0;c<b[y];c++)b[c]="ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_".charAt(b[c]||0);return b[H]("")+"~"}};function J(a){pa.set(a)};var ea=function(a){return"function"==typeof a},ka=function(a){return"[object Array]"==Object[z].toString[C](Object(a))},qa=function(a){return void 0!=a&&-1<(a.constructor+"")[t]("String")},D=function(a,{return 0==a[t](},sa=function(a){return a?a[Qc](/^[\s\xa0]+|[\s\xa0]+$/g,""):""},ta=function(a){var b=M[u]("img");b.width=1;b.height=1;b.src=a;return b},ua=function(){},K=function(a){if(aa instanceof Function)return aa(a);J(28);return a},L=function(a,b,c,d){try{a.addEventListener?a.addEventListener(b,
c,!!d):a.attachEvent&&a.attachEvent("on"+b,c)}catch(e){J(27)}},va=function(a,b,c){a.removeEventListener?a.removeEventListener(b,c,!1):a.detachEvent&&a.detachEvent("on"+b,c)},wa=function(a,{if(a){var c=M[u]("script");c.type="text/javascript";c.async=!0;c.src=a;b&&(c.id=;var d=M.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];d[Ub].insertBefore(c,d)}},xa=function(){var a=""+M[B][ma];return 0==a[t]("www.")?a[F](4):a},ya=function(a){var b=M.referrer;if(/^https?:\/\//i[s](){if(a)return b;a="//"+M[B][ma];var c=
b[t](a);if(5==c||6==c)if(a=b.charAt(c+a[y]),"/"==a||"?"==a||""==a||":"==a)return;return b}},za=function(a,{if(1==b[y]&&null!=b[0]&&"object"===typeof b[0])return b[0];for(var c={},d=n.min(a[y]+1,b[y]),e=0;e<d;e++)if("object"===typeof b[e]){for(var g in b[e])b[e][ra](g)&&(c[g]=b[e][g]);break}else e<a[y]&&(c[a[e]]=b[e]);return c};var N=function(){this.keys=[];this.w={};this.m={}};N[z].set=function(a,b,c){this.keys[p](a);c?this.m[":"+a]=b:this.w[":"+a]=b};N[z].get=function(a){return this.m[ra](":"+a)?this.m[":"+a]:this.w[":"+a]};N[z].map=function(a){for(var b=0;b<this.keys[y];b++){var c=this.keys[b],d=this.get©;d&&a(c,d)}};var O=f,M=document,fb=function(a){ba(a,100)},Mc=function(){for(var a=O[oa].userAgent+(M[r]?M[r]:"")+(M.referrer?M.referrer:""),b=a[y],c=O.history[y];0<c;)a+=c--^b++;return La(a)};var Aa=function(a){var b=O._gaUserPrefs;if(b&&b.ioo&&b.ioo()||a&&!0===O["ga-disable-"+a])return!0;try{var c=O.external;if(c&&c._gaUserPrefs&&"oo"==c._gaUserPrefs)return!0}catch(d){}return!1};var Ca=function(a){var b=[],c=M[r][A](";");a=new RegExp("^\\s*"+a+"=\\s*(.*?)\\s*$");for(var d=0;d<c[y];d++){var e=c[d][m](a);e&&b[p](e[1])}return b},zc=function(a,b,c,d,e,g){e=Aa(e)?!1:eb[s](M[B][ma])||"/"==c&&vc[s](d)?!1:!0;if(!e)return!1;b&&1200<b[y]&&(b=b[F](0,1200),J(24));c=a+"="+b+"; path="+c+"; ";g&&(c+="expires="+(new Date((new Date)[da]()+g)).toGMTString()+"; ");d&&"none"!=d&&(c+="domain="+d+";");d=M[r];M.cookie=c;if(!(d=d!=M[r]))t:{a=Ca(a);for(d=0;d<a[y];d++)if(b==a[d]){d=!0;break t}d=!1}return d},
Cc=function(a){return K(a)[Qc](/\(/g,"%28")[Qc](/\)/g,"%29")},vc=/^(www\.)?google(\.com?)?(\.[a-z]{2})?$/,eb=/(^|\.)doubleclick\.net$/i;var oc=function(){return(Ba||"https:"==M[B][E]?"https:":"http:")+"//www.google-analytics.com"},Da=function(a){fa(this,"len");this.message=a+"-8192"},Ea=function(a){fa(this,"ff2post");this.message=a+"-2036"},Ga=function(a,b,c,d){c=c||ua;d&&(d=c,O[oa].sendBeacon?O[oa].sendBeacon(a,?(d(),d=!0):d=!1:d=!1);if(!d)if(2036>=b[y])wc(a,b,c);else if(8192>=b[y]){if(0<=O[oa].userAgent[t]("Firefox")&&![].reduce)throw new Ea(b[y]);wd(a,b,c)||xd(a,b,c)||Fa(b,c)||c()}else throw new Da(b[y]);},wc=function(a,b,c){var d=
ta(a+"?"+;d.onload=d.onerror=function(){d.onload=null;d.onerror=null;c()}},xd=function(a,b,c){var d;d=O.XDomainRequest;if(!d)return!1;d=new d;d.open("POST",a);d.onerror=function(){c()};d.onload=c;d[xc](;return!0},wd=function(a,b,c){var d=O.XMLHttpRequest;if(!d)return!1;var e=new d;if(!("withCredentials"in e))return!1;e.open("POST",a,!0);e.withCredentials=!0;e.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","text/plain");e.onreadystatechange=function(){4==e.readyState&&(c(),e=null)};e[xc](;return!0},Fa=function(a,
{if(!M.body)return fb(function(){Fa(a,}),!0;a=aa(a);try{var c=M[u]('<iframe name="'+a+'"></iframe>')}catch(d){c=M[u]("iframe"),fa(c,a)}c.height="0";c.width="0";c.style.display="none";c.style.visibility="hidden";var e=M[B],e=oc()+"/analytics_iframe.html#"+aa(e[E]+"//"+e[x]+"/favicon.ico"),g=function(){c.src="";c[Ub]&&c[Ub].removeChild©};L(O,"beforeunload",g);var ca=!1,l=0,k=function(){if(!ca){try{if(9<l||c.contentWindow[B][x]==M[B][x]){ca=!0;g();va(O,"beforeunload",g);b();return}}catch(a){}l++;
ba(k,200)}};L(c,"load",k);M.body.appendChild©;c.src=e;return!0};var Ha=function(){this.t=[]};Ha[z].add=function(a){this.t[p](a)};Ha[z].D=function(a){try{for(var b=0;b<this.t[y];b++){var c=a.get(this.t[b]);c&&ea©&&c[C](O,a)}}catch(d){}b=a.get(Ia);b!=ua&&ea(&&(a.set(Ia,ua,!0),ba(b,10))};function Ja(a){if(100!=a.get(Ka)&&La(P(a,Q))%1E4>=100*R(a,Ka))throw"abort";}function Ma(a){if(Aa(P(a,Na)))throw"abort";}function Oa(){var a=M[B][E];if("http:"!=a&&"https:"!=a)throw"abort";}
function Pa(a){try{O.XMLHttpRequest&&"withCredentials"in new O.XMLHttpRequest?J(40).XDomainRequest&&J(41),O[oa].sendBeacon&&J(42)}catch({}a.set(Ac,R(a,Ac)+1);var c=[];Qa.map(function(b,e){if(e.p){var g=a.get(;void 0!=g&&g!=e[ia]&&("boolean"==typeof g&&(g*=1),c[p](e.p+"="+K(""+g)))}});c[p]("z="+Bd());a.set(Ra,c[H]("&"),!0)}function Sa(a){var b=P(a,gd)||oc()+"/collect";Ga(b,P(a,Ra),a.get(Ia),a.get(Vd));a.set(Ia,ua,!0)}
function Hc(a){var b=O.gaData;b&&(b.expId&&a.set(Nc,b.expId),b.expVar&&a.set(Oc,b.expVar))}function cd(){if(O[oa]&&"preview"==O[oa].loadPurpose)throw"abort";}function yd(a){var b=O.gaDevIds;ka(&&0!=b[y]&&a.set("&did",b[H](","),!0)}function vb(a){if(!a.get(Na))throw"abort";};var hd=function(){return n.round(2147483647*n.random())},Bd=function(){try{var a=new Uint32Array(1);O.crypto.getRandomValues(a);return a[0]&2147483647}catch({return hd()}};function Ta(a){var b=R(a,Ua);500<=b&&J(15);var c=P(a,Va);if("transaction"!=c&&"item"!=c){var c=R(a,Wa),d=(new Date)[da](),e=R(a,Xa);0==e&&a.set(Xa,d);e=n.round(2*(d-e)/1E3);0<e&&(c=n.min(c+e,20),a.set(Xa,d));if(0>=c)throw"abort";a.set(Wa,--c)}a.set(Ua,++};var Ya=function(){this.data=new N},Qa=new N,Za=[];Ya[z].get=function(a){var b=$a(a),c=this[q].get(a);b&&void 0==c&&(c=ea(b[ia])?b[ia]():b[ia]);return b&&b.n?b.n(this,a,c):c};var P=function(a,{var c=a.get(;return void 0==c?"":""+c},R=function(a,{var c=a.get(;return void 0==c||""===c?0:1*c};Ya[z].set=function(a,b,c){if(a)if("object"==typeof a)for(var d in a)a[ra](d)&&ab(this,d,a[d],c);else ab(this,a,b,c)};
var ab=function(a,b,c,d){if(void 0!=c)switch({case Na:wb[s]©}var e=$a(;e&&e.o?e.o(a,b,c,d):a[q].set(b,c,d)},bb=function(a,b,c,d,e){fa(this,a);this.p=b;this.n=d;this.o=e;this.defaultValue=c},$a=function(a){var b=Qa.get(a);if(!b)for(var c=0;c<Za[y];c++){var d=Za[c],e=d[0].exec(a);if(e){b=d[1](e);Qa.set(b[v],;break}}return b},yc=function(a){var b;Qa.map(function(c,d){d.p==a&&(b=d)});return b&&b[v]},S=function(a,b,c,d,e){a=new bb(a,b,c,d,e);Qa.set(a[v],a);return a[v]},cb=function(a,{Za[p]([new RegExp("^"+
a+"$"),b])},T=function(a,b,c){return S(a,b,c,void 0,db)},db=function(){};var gb=qa(f.GoogleAnalyticsObject)&&sa(f.GoogleAnalyticsObject)||"ga",Ba=!1,hb=T("apiVersion","v"),ib=T("clientVersion","_v");S("anonymizeIp","aip");var jb=S("adSenseId","a"),Va=S("hitType","t"),Ia=S("hitCallback"),Ra=S("hitPayload");S("nonInteraction","ni");S("currencyCode","cu");var Vd=S("useBeacon",void 0,!1);S("dataSource","ds");S("sessionControl","sc","");S("sessionGroup","sg");S("queueTime","qt");var Ac=S("_s","_s");S("screenName","cd");
var kb=S("location","dl",""),lb=S("referrer","dr"),mb=S("page","dp","");S("hostname","dh");var nb=S("language","ul"),ob=S("encoding","de");S("title","dt",function(){return M.title||void 0});cb("contentGroup([0-9]+)",function(a){return new bb(a[0],"cg"+a[1])});var pb=S("screenColors","sd"),qb=S("screenResolution","sr"),rb=S("viewportSize","vp"),sb=S("javaEnabled","je"),tb=S("flashVersion","fl");S("campaignId","ci");S("campaignName","cn");S("campaignSource","cs");S("campaignMedium","cm");
S("campaignKeyword","ck");S("campaignContent","cc");var ub=S("eventCategory","ec"),xb=S("eventAction","ea"),yb=S("eventLabel","el"),zb=S("eventValue","ev"),Bb=S("socialNetwork","sn"),Cb=S("socialAction","sa"),Db=S("socialTarget","st"),Eb=S("l1","plt"),Fb=S("l2","pdt"),Gb=S("l3","dns"),Hb=S("l4","rrt"),Ib=S("l5","srt"),Jb=S("l6","tcp"),Kb=S("l7","dit"),Lb=S("l8","clt"),Mb=S("timingCategory","utc"),Nb=S("timingVar","utv"),Ob=S("timingLabel","utl"),Pb=S("timingValue","utt");S("appName","an");
S("appVersion","av","");S("appId","aid","");S("appInstallerId","aiid","");S("exDescription","exd");S("exFatal","exf");var Nc=S("expId","xid"),Oc=S("expVar","xvar"),Rc=S("_utma","_utma"),Sc=S("_utmz","_utmz"),Tc=S("_utmht","_utmht"),Ua=S("_hc",void 0,0),Xa=S("_ti",void 0,0),Wa=S("_to",void 0,20);cb("dimension([0-9]+)",function(a){return new bb(a[0],"cd"+a[1])});cb("metric([0-9]+)",function(a){return new bb(a[0],"cm"+a[1])});S("linkerParam",void 0,void 0,Bc,db);
var ld=S("usage","_u",void 0,function(){return pa.M()},db);S("forceSSL",void 0,void 0,function(){return Ba},function(a,b,c){J(34);Ba=!!c});var ed=S("_j1","jid"),Hd=S("_j2","gjid");cb("\\&(.*)",function(a){var b=new bb(a[0],a[1]),c=yc(a[0][F](1));c&&(b.n=function(a){return a.get©},b.o=function(a,b,g,ca){a.set(c,g,ca)},b.p=void 0);return b});
var Qb=T("_oot"),dd=S("previewTask"),Rb=S("checkProtocolTask"),md=S("validationTask"),Sb=S("checkStorageTask"),Uc=S("historyImportTask"),Tb=S("samplerTask"),Vb=T("_rlt"),Wb=S("buildHitTask"),Xb=S("sendHitTask"),Vc=S("ceTask"),zd=S("devIdTask"),Cd=S("timingTask"),Ld=S("displayFeaturesTask"),V=T("name"),Q=T("clientId","cid"),Ad=S("userId","uid"),Na=T("trackingId","tid"),U=T("cookieName",void 0,"_ga"),W=T("cookieDomain"),Yb=T("cookiePath",void 0,"/"),Zb=T("cookieExpires",void 0,63072E3),$b=T("legacyCookieDomain"),
Wc=T("legacyHistoryImport",void 0,!0),ac=T("storage",void 0,"cookie"),bc=T("allowLinker",void 0,!1),cc=T("allowAnchor",void 0,!0),Ka=T("sampleRate","sf",100),dc=T("siteSpeedSampleRate",void 0,1),ec=T("alwaysSendReferrer",void 0,!1),gd=S("transportUrl"),Md=S("_r","_r");
function X(a,b,c,d){b[a]=function(){try{return d&&J(d),c[G](this,arguments)}catch({var g=b&&b[v];if(!(1<=100*n.random()||Aa("?"))){var ca=["t=error","_e=exc","_v=j31","sr=1"];a&&ca[p]("_f="+a);g&&ca[p]("_m="+K(g[F](0,100)));ca[p]("aip=1");ca[p]("z="+hd());Ga(oc()+"/collect",ca[H]("&"))}throw b;}}};var Od=function(){this.V=1E4;this.fa=void 0;this.$=!1;this.ea=1},Ed=function(){var a=new Od,b;if(a.fa&&a.$)return 0;a.$=!0;if(0==a.V)return 0;void 0===b&&(b=Bd());return 0==b%a.V?n.floor(b/a.V)%a.ea+1:0};function fc(){var a,b,c;if((c=(c=O[oa])?c.plugins:null)&&c[y])for(var d=0;d<c[y]&&!b;d++){var e=c[d];-1<e[v][t]("Shockwave Flash")&&(b=e.description)}if(!b)try{a=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.7"),b=a.GetVariable("$version")}catch(g){}if(!b)try{a=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6"),b="WIN 6,0,21,0",a.AllowScriptAccess="always",b=a.GetVariable("$version")}catch(ca){}if(!b)try{a=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash"),b=a.GetVariable("$version")}catch(l){}b&&
(a=b[m](/[\d]+/g))&&3<=a[y]&&(b=a[0]+"."+a[1]+" r"+a[2]);return b||void 0};var gc=function(a,{var c=n.min(R(a,dc),100);if(!(La(P(a,Q))%100>=c)&&(c={},Ec©||Fc©)){var d=c[Eb];void 0==d||Infinity==d||isNaN(d)||(0<d?(Y(c,Gb),Y(c,Jb),Y(c,Ib),Y(c,Fb),Y(c,Hb),Y(c,Kb),Y(c,Lb),b©):L(O,"load",function(){gc(a,},!1))}},Ec=function(a){var b=O.performance||O.webkitPerformance,b=b&&b.timing;if(!b)return!1;var c=b.navigationStart;if(0==c)return!1;a[Eb]=b.loadEventStart-c;a[Gb]=b.domainLookupEnd-b.domainLookupStart;a[Jb]=b.connectEnd-b.connectStart;a[Ib]=b.responseStart-b.requestStart;
a[Fb]=b.responseEnd-b.responseStart;a[Hb]=b.fetchStart-c;a[Kb]=b.domInteractive-c;a[Lb]=b.domContentLoadedEventStart-c;return!0},Fc=function(a){if(O.top!=O)return!1;var b=O.external,c=b&&b.onloadT;b&&!b.isValidLoadTime&&(c=void 0);2147483648<c&&(c=void 0);0<c&&b.setPageReadyTime();if(void 0==c)return!1;a[Eb]=c;return!0},Y=function(a,{var c=a[b];if(isNaN©||Infinity==c||0>c)a[b]=void 0},Fd=function(a){return function({"pageview"!=b.get(Va)||a.I||(a.I=!0,gc(b,function({a[xc]("timing",}))}};var hc=!1,mc=function(a){if("cookie"==P(a,ac)){var b=P(a,U),c=nd(a),d=kc(P(a,Yb)),e=lc(P(a,W)),g=1E3*R(a,Zb),ca=P(a,Na);if("auto"!=e)zc(b,c,d,e,ca,g)&&(hc=!0);else{J(32);var l;t:{c=[];e=xa()[A](".");if(4==e[y]&&(l=e[e[y]-1],parseInt(l,10)==l)){l=["none"];break t}for(l=e[y]-2;0<=l;l--)c[p](e[ha](l)[H]("."));c[p]("none");l=c}for(var k=0;k<l[y];k++)if(e=l[k],a[q].set(W,e),c=nd(a),zc(b,c,d,e,ca,g)){hc=!0;return}a[q].set(W,"auto")}}},nc=function(a){if("cookie"==P(a,ac)&&!hc&&(mc(a),!hc))throw"abort";},
Yc=function(a){if(a.get(Wc)){var b=P(a,W),c=P(a,$||xa(),d=Xc("__utma",c,;d&&(J(19),a.set(Tc,(new Date)[da](),!0),a.set(Rc,d.R),(b=Xc("__utmz",c,)&&d[h]==b[h]&&a.set(Sc,b.R))}},nd=function(a){var b=Cc(P(a,Q)),c=ic(P(a,W));a=jc(P(a,Yb));1<a&&(c+="-"+a);return["GA1",c,b][H](".")},Gc=function(a,b,c){for(var d=[],e=[],g,ca=0;ca<a[y];ca++){var l=a[ca];if(l.r[c]==b)d[p](l);else void 0==g||l.r[c]<g?(e=[l],g=l.r[c]):l.r[c]==g&&e[p](l)}return 0<d[y]?d:e},lc=function(a){return 0==a[t](".")?a.substr(1):
a},ic=function(a){return lc(a)[A](".")[y]},kc=function(a){if(!a)return"/";1<a[y]&&a.lastIndexOf("/")==a[y]-1&&(a=a.substr(0,a[y]-1));0!=a[t]("/")&&(a="/"+a);return a},jc=function(a){a=kc(a);return"/"==a?1:a[A]("/")[y]};function Xc(a,b,c){"none"==b&&(b="");var d=[],e=Ca(a);a="__utma"==a?6:2;for(var g=0;g<e[y];g++){var ca=(""+e[g])[A](".");ca[y]>=a&&d[p]({hash:ca[0],R:e[g],O:ca})}return 0==d[y]?void 0:1==d[y]?d[0]:Zc(b,d)||Zc(c,d)||Zc(null,d)||d[0]}function Zc(a,{var c,d;null==a?c=d=1:(c=La(a),d=La(D(a,".")?a[F](1):"."+a));for(var e=0;e<b[y];e++)if(b[e][h]==c||b[e][h]==d)return b[e]};var od=new RegExp(/^https?:\/\/([^\/:]+)/),pd=/(.*)([?&#])(?:_ga=[^&#]*)(?:&?)(.*)/;function Bc(a){a=a.get(Q);var b=Ic(a,0);return"_ga=1."+K(b+"."+a)}function Ic(a,{for(var c=new Date,d=O[oa],e=d.plugins||[],c=[a,d.userAgent,c.getTimezoneOffset(),c.getYear(),c.getDate(),c.getHours(),c.getMinutes()+b],d=0;d<e[y];++d)c[p](e[d].description);return La(c[H]("."))}var Dc=function(a){J(48);this.target=a;this.T=!1};
Dc[z].Q=function(a,{if(a.tagName){if("a"==a.tagName[I]()){a[Ab]&&Pc(a,qd(this,a[Ab],);return}if("form"==a.tagName[I]())return rd(this,a)}if("string"==typeof a)return qd(this,a,};
var qd=function(a,b,c){var d=pd.exec(;d&&3<=d[y]&&(b=d[1]+(d[3]?d[2]+d[3]:""));a=a[jd].get("linkerParam");var e=b[t]("?"),d=b[t]("#");c?b+=(-1==d?"#":"&")+a:(c=-1==e?"?":"&",b=-1==d?b+(c+a):b[F](0,d)+c+a+b[F](d));return b},rd=function(a,{if(b&&b[kd]){var c=a[jd].get("linkerParam")[A]("=")[1];if("get"==b.method[I]()){for(var d=b.childNodes||[],e=0;e<d[y];e++)if("_ga"==d[e][v]){d[e][id]("value",c);return}d=M[u]("input");d[id]("type","hidden");d[id]("name","_ga");d[id]("value",c);b.appendChild(d)}else"post"==
b.method[I]()&&(b.action=qd(a,b[kd]))}};
Dc[z].S=function(a,b,c){function d©{try{c=c||O.event;var d;t:{var g=c[jd]||c.srcElement;for(c=100;g&&0<c;){if(g[Ab]&&g.nodeName[m](/^a(?:rea)?$/i)){d=g;break t}g=g[Ub];c--}d={}}("http:"==d[E]||"https:"==d[E])&&sd(a,d[ma]||"")&&d[Ab]&&Pc(d,qd(e,d[Ab],)}catch(w){J(26)}}var e=this;this.T||(this.T=!0,L(M,"mousedown",d,!1),L(M,"touchstart",d,!1),L(M,"keyup",d,!1));if©{c=function({b=b||O.event;if((b=b[jd]||b.srcElement)&&b[kd]){var c=b[kd][m](od);c&&sd(a,c[1])&&rd(e,}};for(var g=0;g<M.forms[y];g++)L(M.forms[g],
"submit",c)}};function sd(a,{if(b==M[B][ma])return!1;for(var c=0;c<a[y];c++)if(a[c]instanceof RegExp){if(a[c][s]()return!0}else if(0<=b[t](a[c]))return!0;return!1};var Jd=function(a,b,c,d){this.U=b;this.aa=c;(b=d)||(b=(b=P(a,V))&&"t0"!=b?Wd[s](?"_gat_"+Cc(P(a,Na)):"_gat_"+Cc(:"_gat");this.Y=b},Rd=function(a,{var c=b.get(Wb);b.set(Wb,function({Pd(a,;var d=c(;Qd(a,;return d});var d=b.get(Xb);b.set(Xb,function({var c=d(;Id(a,;return c})},Pd=function(a,{b.get(a.U)||("1"==Ca(a.Y)[0]?b.set(a.U,"",!0):b.set(a.U,""+hd(),!0))},Qd=function(a,{b.get(a.U)&&zc(a.Y,"1",b.get(Yb),b.get(W),b.get(Na),6E5)},Id=function(a,{if(b.get(a.U)){var c=new N,
d=function(a){c.set($a(a).p,b.get(a))};d(hb);d(ib);d(Na);d(Q);d(a.U);d(ld);var e=a.aa;c.map(function(a,{e+=K(a)+"=";e+=K(""++"&"});e+="z="+hd();ta(e);b.set(a.U,"",!0)}},Wd=/^gtm\d+$/;var fd=function(a,{var c=a.b;if(!c.get("dcLoaded")){J(29);O._gaq&&J(52);b=b||{};var d;b[U]&&(d=Cc(b[U]));d=new Jd(c,ed,"https://stats.g.doubleclick.net/collect?t=dc&aip=1&",d);Rd(d,c);c.set("dcLoaded",!0)}};var Sd=function(a){var b;b=a.get("dcLoaded")?!1:"cookie"!=a.get(ac)?!1:!0;b&&(J(51),b=new Jd(a,ed),Pd(b,a),Qd(b,a),a.get(b.U)&&(a.set(Md,1,!0),a.set(gd,oc()+"/r/collect",!0)))};var Kd=function(a,{var c=a.b;if(!c.get("_rlsaLoaded")){J(38);b=b||{};if(b[U])var d=Cc(b[U]);d=new Jd(c,Hd,"https://www.google.com/ads/ga-audiences?t=sr&aip=1&",d);Rd(d,c);c.set("_rlsaLoaded",!0);tc("displayfeatures",a,}};var Lc=function(){var a=O.gaGlobal=O.gaGlobal||{};return a.hid=a.hid||hd()};var ad,bd=function(a,b,c){if(!ad){var d;d=M[B][h];var e=O[v],g=/^#?gaso=([^&]*)/;if(e=(d=(d=d&&d[m](g)||e&&e[m](g))?d[1]:Ca("GASO")[0]||"")&&d[m](/^(?:!([-0-9a-z.]{1,40})!)?([-.\w]{10,1200})$/i))zc("GASO",""+d,c,b,a,0),f._udo||(f._udo=,f._utcp||(f._utcp=c),a=e[1],wa("https://www.google.com/analytics/web/inpage/pub/inpage.js?"+(a?"prefix="+a+"&":"")+hd(),"_gasojs");ad=!0}};var wb=/^(UA|YT|MO|GP)-(\d+)-(\d+)$/,pc=function(a){function b(a,{d.b[q].set(a,}function c(a,c){b(a,c);d.filters.add(a)}var d=this;this.b=new Ya;this.filters=new Ha;b(V,a[V]);b(Na,sa(a[Na]));b(U,a[U]);b(W,a[W]||xa());b(Yb,a[Yb]);b(Zb,a[Zb]);b($b,a[$b]);b(Wc,a[Wc]);b(bc,a[bc]);b(cc,a[cc]);b(Ka,a[Ka]);b(dc,a[dc]);b(ec,a[ec]);b(ac,a[ac]);b(Ad,a[Ad]);b(hb,1);b(ib,"j31");c(Qb,Ma);c(dd,cd);c(Rb,Oa);c(md,vb);c(Sb,nc);c(Uc,Yc);c(Tb,Ja);c(Vb,Ta);c(Vc,Hc);c(zd,yd);c(Ld,Sd);c(Wb,Pa);c(Xb,Sa);c(Cd,Fd(this));
Jc(this.b,a[Q]);Kc(this.;this.b.set(jb,Lc());bd(this.b.get(Na),this.b.get(W),this.b.get(Yb))},Jc=function(a,{if("cookie"==P(a,ac)){hc=!1;var c;i:{var d=Ca(P(a,U));if(d&&!(1>d[y])){c=[];for(var e=0;e<d[y];e++){var g;g=d[e][A](".");var ca=g.shift();("GA1"==ca||"1"==ca)&&1<g[y]?(ca=g.shift()[A]("-"),1==ca[y]&&(ca[1]="1"),ca[0]*=1,ca[1]*=1,g={r:ca,s:g[H](".")}):g=void 0;g&&c[p](g)}if(1==c[y]){J(13);c=c[0].s;break i}if(0==c[y])J(12);else{J(14);d=ic(P(a,W));c=Gc(c,d,0);if(1==c[y]){c=c[0].s;break i}d=
jc(P(a,Yb));c=Gc(c,d,1);c=c[0]&&c[0].s;break i}}c=void 0}c||(c=P(a,W),d=P(a,$||xa(),c=Xc("__utma",d,c),(c=void 0==c?void 0:c.O[1]+"."+c.O[2])&&J(10));c&&(a[q].set(Q,c),hc=!0)}c=a.get(cc);if(e=(c=M[B][c?"href":"search"][m]("(?:&|#|\\?)"+K("_ga")[Qc](/([.*+?^=!:${}()|\[\]\/\\])/g,"\\$1")+"=([^&#]*)"))&&2==c[y]?c[1]:"")a.get(bc)?(c=e[t]("."),-1==c?J(22):(d=e[F](c+1),"1"!=e[F](0,c)?J(22):(c=d[t]("."),-1==c?J(22):(e=d[F](0,c),c=d[F](c+1),e!=Ic(c,0)&&e!=Ic(c,-1)&&e!=Ic(c,-2)?J(23):(J(11),a[q].set(Q,c)))))):
J(21);b&&(J(9),a[q].set(Q,K());a.get(Q)||((c=(c=O.gaGlobal&&O.gaGlobal.vid)&&-1!=c[ga](/^(?:utma\.)?\d+\.\d+$/)?c:void 0)?(J(17),a[q].set(Q,c)):(J(8),a[q].set(Q,[hd()^Mc()&2147483647,n.round((new Date)[da]()/1E3)][H]("."))));mc(a)},Kc=function(a){var b=O[oa],c=O.screen,d=M[B];a.set(lb,ya(a.get(ec)));if(d){var e=d.pathname||"";"/"!=e.charAt(0)&&(J(31),e="/"+e);a.set(kb,d[E]+"//"+d[ma]+e+d[ga])}c&&a.set(qb,c.width+"x"+c.height);c&&a.set(pb,c.colorDepth+"-bit");var c=M.documentElement,g=(e=M.body)&&
e[la]&&e[na],ca=[];c&&c[la]&&c[na]&&("CSS1Compat"===M.compatMode||!g)?ca=[c[la],c[na]]:g&&(ca=[e[la],e[na]]);c=0>=ca[0]||0>=ca[1]?"":ca[H]("x");a.set(rb,c);a.set(tb,fc());a.set(ob,M.characterSet||M.charset);a.set(sb,b&&"function"===typeof b.javaEnabled&&b.javaEnabled()||!1);a.set(nb,(b&&(b.language||b.browserLanguage)||"")[I]());if(d&&a.get(cc)&&(b=M[B][h])){b=b[A](/[?&#]+/);d=[];for(c=0;c<b[y];++c)(D(b[c],"utm_id")||D(b[c],"utm_campaign")||D(b[c],"utm_source")||D(b[c],"utm_medium")||D(b[c],"utm_term")||
D(b[c],"utm_content")||D(b[c],"gclid")||D(b[c],"dclid")||D(b[c],"gclsrc"))&&d[p](b[c]);0<d[y]&&(b="#"+d[H]("&"),a.set(kb,a.get(kb)+)}};pc[z].get=function(a){return this.b.get(a)};pc[z].set=function(a,{this.b.set(a,};var qc={pageview:[mb],event:[ub,xb,yb,zb],social:[Bb,Cb,Db],timing:[Mb,Nb,Pb,Ob]};
pc[z].send=function(a){if(!(1>arguments[y])){var b,c;"string"===typeof arguments[0]?(b=arguments[0],c=[][ha][C](arguments,1)):(b=arguments[0]&&arguments[0][Va],c=arguments);b&&(c=za(qc[b]||[],c),c[Va]=b,this.b.set(c,void 0,!0),this.filters.D(this.,this.b[q].m={},J(44))}};var rc=function(a){if("prerender"==M.visibilityState)return!1;a();return!0};var td=/^(?\w+)\.)?(? \w+) ?(\w+)$/,sc=function(a){if(ea(a[0]))this.u=a[0];else{var b=td.exec(a[0]);null!=b&&4==b[y]&&(this.c=b[1]||"t0",this.e=b[2]||"",this.d=b[3],this.a=[][ha][C](a,1),this.e||(this.A="create"==this.d,this.i="require"==this.d,this.g="provide"==this.d,this.ba="remove"==this.d),this.i&&(3<=this.a[y]?(this.X=this.a[1],this.W=this.a[2]):this.a[1]&&(qa(this.a[1])?this.X=this.a[1]:this.W=this.a[1])));b=a[1];a=a[2];if(!this.d)throw"abort";if(this.i&&(!qa( ||""== )throw"abort";if(this.g&&
(!qa( ||""==b||!ea(a)))throw"abort";if(ud(this.c)||ud(this.e))throw"abort";if(this.g&&"t0"!=this.c)throw"abort";}};function ud(a){return 0<=a[t](".")||0<=a[t](":")};var Yd,Zd,$d;Yd=new N;$d=new N;Zd={ec:45,ecommerce:46,linkid:47};
var tc=function(a,b,c){b==$?J(35):b.get(V);var d=Yd.get(a);if(!ea(d))return!1;b.plugins_=b.plugins_||new N;if(b.plugins_.get(a))return!0;b.plugins_.set(a,new d(b,c||{}));return!0},ae=function(a){function b(a){var b=(a[ma]||"")[A](":")[0][I](),c=(a[E]||"")[I](),c=1*a[ja]||("http:"==c?80:"https:"==c?443:"");a=a.pathname||"";D(a,"/")||(a="/"+a);return[b,""+c,a]}var c=M[u]("a");Pc(c,M[B][Ab]);var d=(c[E]||"")[I](),e=b©,g=c[ga]||"",ca=d+"//"+e[0]+(e[1]?":"+e[1]:"");D(a,"//")?a=d+a:D(a,"/")?a=ca+a:!a||
D(a,"?")?a=ca+e[2]+(a||g):0>a[A]("/")[0][t](":")&&(a=ca+e[2][F](0,e[2].lastIndexOf("/"))+"/"+a);Pc(c,a);d=b©;return{protocol:(c[E]||"")[I](),host:d[0],port:d[1],path:d[2],G:c[ga]||"",url:a||""}};var Z={ga:function(){Z.f=[]}};Z.ga();Z.D=function(a){var b=Z.J[G](Z,arguments),b=Z.f.concat( ;for(Z.f=[];0<b[y]&&!Z.v(b[0])&&!(b.shift(),0<Z.f[y]););Z.f=Z.f.concat( };
Z.J=function(a){for(var b=[],c=0;c<arguments[y];c++)try{var d=new sc(arguments[c]);if(d.g)Yd.set(d.a[0],d.a[1]);else{if(d.i){var e=d,g=e.a[0];if(!ea(Yd.get(g))&&!$d.get(g)){Zd[ra](g)&&J(Zd[g]);var ca=e.X;!ca&&Zd[ra](g)?(J(39),ca=g+".js"):J(43);if(ca){ca&&0<=ca[t]("/")||(ca=(Ba||"https:"==M[B][E]?"https:":"http:")+"//www.google-analytics.com/plugins/ua/"+ca);var l=ae(ca),e=void 0;var k=l[E],w=M[B][E],e="https:"==k||k==w?!0:"http:"!=k?!1:"http:"==w;var Xd;if(Xd=e){var e=l,be=ae(M[B][Ab]);if(e.G||0<=
e.url[t]("?")||0<=e.path[t]("://"))Xd=!1;else if(e[x]==be[x]&&e[ja]==be[ja])Xd=!0;else{var ce="http:"==e[E]?80:443;Xd="www.google-analytics.com"==e[x]&&(e[ja]||ce)==ce&&D(e.path,"/plugins/")?!0:!1}}Xd&&(wa(l.url),$d.set(g,!0))}}}b[p](d)}}catch(de){}return b};
Z.v=function(a){try{if(a.u)a.u[C](O,$.j("t0"));else{var b=a.c==gb?$:$.j(a.c);if(a.A)"t0"==a.c&&$.create[G]($,a.a);else if(a.ba)$.remove(a.c);else if(b)if(a.i){if(!tc(a.a[0],b,a.W))return!0}else if(a.e){var c=a.d,d=a.a,e=b.plugins_.get(a.e);e[c][G](e,d)}else b[a.d][G](b,a.a)}}catch(g){}};var $=function(a){J(1);Z.D[G](Z,[arguments])};$.h={};$.P=[];$.L=0;$.answer=42;var uc=[Na,W,V];$.create=function(a){var b=za(uc,[][ha][C](arguments));b[V]||(b[V]="t0");var c=""+b[V];if($.h[c])return $.h[c];b=new pc( ;$.h[c]=b;$.P[p]( ;return b};$.remove=function(a){for(var b=0;b<$.P[y];b++)if($.P[b].get(V)==a){$.P.splice(b,1);$.h[a]=null;break}};$.j=function(a){return $.h[a]};$.K=function(){return $.P[ha](0)};
$.N=function(){"ga"!=gb&&J(49);var a=O[gb];if(!a||42!=a.answer){$.L=a&&a.l;$.loaded=!0;var b=O[gb]=$;X("create",b,b.create,3);X("remove",b,b.remove);X("getByName",b,b.j,5);X("getAll",b,b.K,6);b=pc[z];X("get",b,b.get,7);X("set",b,b.set,4);X("send",b,b[xc],2);b=Ya[z];X("get",b,b.get);X("set",b,b.set);t:for(var b=M.getElementsByTagName("script"),c=0;c<b[y]&&100>c;c++){var d;d=(d=b[c].src)?0!=d[t]("https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics")?!1:!0:!1;if(d){J(33);break t}}"https:"!=M[B][E]&&!Ba&&Ed()&&
(J(36),Ba=!0);(O.gaplugins=O.gaplugins||{}).Linker=Dc;b=Dc[z];Yd.set("linker",Dc);X("decorate",b,b.Q,20);X("autoLink",b,b.S,25);Yd.set("displayfeatures",fd);Yd.set("adfeatures",Kd);a=a&&a.q;ka(a)?Z.D[G]($,a):J(50)}};$.k=function(){for(var a=$.K(),b=0;b<a[y];b++)a[b].get(V)};(function(){var a=$.N;if(!rc(a)){J(16);var b=!1,c=function(){!b&&rc(a)&&(b=!0,va(M,"visibilitychange",c))};L(M,"visibilitychange",c)}})();function La(a){var b=1,c=0,d;if(a)for(b=0,d=a[y]-1;0<=d;d--)c=a.charCodeAt(d),b=(b<<6&268435455)+c+(c<<14),c=b&266338304,b=0!=c?b^c>>21:b;return b};})(window);

this is a .js file opened with notepad. this a sub file fron the web page i downloaded. there many different files associated with the web page. the page will not open. when clicked it only shows the sub files.

Edited by billybobbill, 23 April 2015 - 07:11 PM.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

Can you send me via PM the webpage link you're talking about? Also, this isn't gibberish at all, this is JavaScript code. If you code in JavaScript, you would understand what it means. I do since I already worked with it.

unite_blue.png

#13 billybobbill

billybobbill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

hello aura,

the issue is resolved i think. i sent my downloaded web page files to my document files folder and they were opened in libre when i clicked open.

thanks for your interest in helping me. thanks to all that responded.

bill

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

No problem billy, glad that you solved your issue :) If it ever happens again, feel free to update this thread and I'll assist you.

unite_blue.png

#15 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:42 AM

Can you send me via PM the webpage link you're talking about? Also, this isn't gibberish at all, this is JavaScript code. If you code in JavaScript, you would understand what it means. I do since I already worked with it.

For the record...PMs are NOT to be used for advice regarding forum matters.  Please consult the Forum Rules and you will see that among them.  Do NOT suggest such to members, please.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users