Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox am trying to set downloads to automatically save ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sportman13

sportman13

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

Am using Firefox am trying to set downloads to automatically save avi mp4 rar instead of prompting me to open them anyone know a fix to make it work ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,733 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

quietman7

I have tryed everrything  for weeks to get it to work in the Opening file window, I can not check mark Do this automatically for files like this from now on. it is greyed out please  you know a fix please get back to me

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,733 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

Is Do this automatically for files like this from now on disabled? This can happen if the website's server incorrectly specifies the Internet Media type of the file. It also can happen if the server assigns "Content-Disposition: attachment" to the file.

Adding download actions in Firefox

In some cases, you may not be able to set an automatic download action. This can occur when a misconfigured web server assigns an incorrect MIME type, such as "application/octet-stream"...or if the server assigns "Content-Disposition: attachment" to the file download...(the MIME type of a downloaded file, and whether it should be handled as an attachment, does not appear in Firefox or in SeaMonkey. When this happens, the option to always perform the same action will either be "grayed-out" or, in Firefox, selecting the "Do this automatically" option will not seem to have an effect and you will again be asked what to do when you next encounter that file type (see below for related bug reports). There is little you can do in these cases because the problem is at the server end.

Unable to set an automatic action in Firefox
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:54 PM

I have tryed theses did not work can you do it on yours  Opening file window, and check mark Do this automatically for files like this from now on please get back to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users