Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

random setup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Acer77

Acer77

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

I was playing minecraft, when suddenly I exited, and there was a setup in the taskbar.. on the bottom left hand corner I could see the program which had "Setup" as its title. Not sure if this happens, or if it is something else dong it...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ransomwolf

ransomwolf

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:03 AM

Hey!

Let's find out what that setup was.

1. Press the "Windows" key and the "R" key at the same time

2. In the Window that opens, type: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

run-window-in-windows8.jpg

3. Locate the setup you talked about, and upload it to a file host like ZippyShare, and share it with us. Keep in mind, what is in the folder that just opened may be a shortcut. So to find the actual setup rather than the shortcut, right click the shortcut and select "Open file location", like this picture shows:

openfileloc.jpg

I await your reply.

#3 Acer77

Acer77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:51 AM

It only appeared for about 0.5 seconds, and there is nothing in the folder which I didn't install, etc.

things inside:

File Explorer

Google Chrome

Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Malwarebytes

Minecraft

Norton Internet Security

paint.net

Razer Synapse

Steam

Teamspeak3 Client

#4 ransomwolf

ransomwolf

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:57 AM

It only appeared for about 0.5 seconds, and there is nothing in the folder which I didn't install, etc.

things inside:

File Explorer

Google Chrome

Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Malwarebytes

Minecraft

Norton Internet Security

paint.net

Razer Synapse

Steam

Teamspeak3 Client

Maybe it was some application updating? I doubt that it was anything malicious.

Still, just so you aren't worried that it might have been malicious, please do a scan with Malwarebytes, and remove what it finds. If it asks you to restart the PC, say "yes". Then, open Malwarebytes, select the "History" tab on the top, click the most recent "scan log", and on the window that opens, on the bottom, click "export --> copy to clipboard" and paste it here.

64W9vTD.png

-------------------

After that, let's scan with HitmanPro.

1. Download Hitman Pro 32 bits if your OS is 32 bits or Hitman Pro 64 bits if your OS is 64 bits.

2. Run it. You should see this screen. Press next:

l0a2dmL.png

3. Select "no, I want to perform a one time scan to check this computer" and press "next":

4xy072A.png

4. After the scan completes (could take a while, since some suspicious files in your PC can get uploaded to the cloud for scanning), DON'T REMOVE ANYTHING YET! In the bottom left of the screen, click "Save log":

OZbZSZn.png

5. Close HitmanPro and please copy the log and post it here.

Edited by ransomwolf, 24 May 2015 - 05:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users