Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Checking out on Overstock.com reverts to homepage instead of continuing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gilliduck

gilliduck

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:34 AM

Title sums it up, but in more detail:

On one computer (regardless of account used) when attempting to click any of the "checkout" buttons on Overstock.com it simply reloads the page to Overstock.com.

I have used the account on another computer successfully. I have used a different account on that computer with the same issue. 

I have attempted this in IE and Chrome with no success.

I have cleared cache and cookies on both Chrome and IE with no success.

I have done a system restore to a date prior to the last known successful checkout on Overstock.com with no success.

Based on the fact that I can use the account on a different computer with success and different accounts on the computer without success, I do not believe the issue to be Overstock.com related. However I've hit a brickwall and don't know where to go beyond. My best thought is it's some peculiar issue on the computer directly or there is somehow some issue with the modem/router or CenturyLink itself. In that thought I even put the computer outside the DMZ but to no success. I honestly have no idea where to go with this and Overstock's answer is to simply use another computer.

Barring a better thought, I will be attempting to connect the computer to a wifi hotspot later this afternoon in an attempt to rule out the modem/router or CenturyLink. If the issue persists after being on the hotspot then I'll know for sure it's the PC, and if not then I've at least narrowed it now.

Thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:43 AM

I'm straw-grasping, are you using privacy settings &/or plugins within browsers, and/or within security's real time shields?

Sometimes such get in the way, and I have dialed back the level of protection with good results.

Edited by RolandJS, 21 April 2015 - 10:44 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#3 gilliduck

gilliduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

I thought along the same lines. I ended up reverting Chrome back to factory defaults, that was no good. I saw they had McAffee, removed it and it's running on just Windows 8.1 default settings. No plug-ins left with any browsers. I have not tried it on safe-mode with networking, suppose that's worth a shot. One of my concerns though is if I am able to somehow get it to work with one of these shotgun workaround approaches, I still won't know what's causing it so that they can use the website without a potentially intrusive work-around.

#4 gilliduck

gilliduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

Ok, update. Connected the computer to a wifi hotspot from Verizon. Success! So our issue is either with CenturyLink itself or something on the modem/router. The router appears to have had no changes/updates recently. It's the CenturyLink Actiontec router they provide. Next step unless someone has a more specific idea is to reach out to CenturyLink tech support and pray they have a clue.

#5 praharpatel

praharpatel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:29 PM

Hi,

I have been having the same problem from the last 3 days. DId you find a solution. i see that by using a different IP, I can checkout but with my home IP it is redirecting me to overstock homepage. Please help.

Thanks

#6 gilliduck

gilliduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:31 AM

They final fix was a new modem/router from the ISP.

#7 praharpatel

praharpatel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:33 PM

So, I have separate modem (motorola) and router (Netgear). What do you think I need to change? Any idea why this issue was occurring? DID ISP know anything about it?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users