Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LG G2 D801 won't power on or charge with plastic casings on the back.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 homepcsi

homepcsi

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

This is a strange one. I have a LG G2 D801 that will not charge nor turn on if the back plastic case/logic board cover is on. If I remove these plastics, the phone will charge and power on as expected, however the phone must be POWERED OFF in order to charge. If you turn the phone on and THEN try to charge, the indicator will show charging, but it doesn't actually charge the device. The phone MUST be off for it to charge, then it will charge as expected. All of this seemed to take place after a digitizer replacement. The battery has been replaced as well as the power flex cables. I've tried another charging adapter as well as another cable. Factory reset was also done. No luck.

It almost acts as if something on those plasitc casings are shorting out something on the logic board. That would explain why it turns on/charges when these plastic covers are off. I'm not sure why it's not charging when the device is on however, and sometimes, while it's charging while off, it will give me the notice: "Charging paused. Device temp. too hot or cold. Please move to another location to resume charging.". It seems to be random and seems to happen the most if you go to check the charging status of the device. If you leave it alone, it will charge to 100% without issue.

So to recap:

1. Won't charge while on. Phone must be off.

2. Won't charge while off, unless all back plastic casings are taken off, exposing the logic board.

3. Won't power on unless all back plasic casings are taken off, exposing the logic board.

4. Charging haults with a message about temperature if you interupt it by simply pressing the power button once to light the display, in order to check the charging status. Must be left alone.

Any ideas?

Edited by homepcsi, 20 April 2015 - 11:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users