Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non-loading updates interfere with shutting down or going to Sleep?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flycaster

flycaster

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

There are two new updates (one for Skype desktop and one for Windows Framework 4.5.2-4.5.1 is already on the computer) that will not load. Of course, i'd like help with getting them to load, but until that time, the problem is that every time I go to put the computer to Sleep, I don't get Sleep in the field of "What do you want your computer to do," instead I get "Install Updates and Shut Down." Until these updates appeared, the field would always self-select Sleep. How can I hide or get rid of these updates (until I learn how to load them) so that I can go directly to Sleep and not have to scroll the field to Sleep?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:25 AM

When you open Windows Updates and download them, let it download the updates it won't install, then right click each each update and select "Hide Update,"  it should look like this: 

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/27444d1252655242-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates-step2.jpg

In order for Windows Updates to prevent you from continuing to ask for them, probably best to download the updates manually - Windows Framework shouldn't be a very hard google search for a download link and as for Skype - well you might have to re-download the program if they don't have the option to download updates individually. 

But, better that than to have Windows Updates constantly asking you to install updates that won't install. 

#3 flycaster

flycaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:24 AM

Thanks Dudeage, that did the trick.

#4 dudeage

dudeage

• Members