Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop no longer recognizes another monitor's presence?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flycaster

flycaster

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

I had my laptop (HP dv6-2152mr) connected to my LCD TV via hdmi cable, and was able to view material from the laptop on my TV. However, all of a sudden, without anything having been moved or disturbed, the laptop no longer recognizes that there is another monitor present. When I go into display there are no choices to select another monitor other than the laptop's monitor. Suggestions please to get thighs back to being able to view material on the laptop through the TV's monitor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:27 AM

Have you tried a reboot with everything you want attached? 

Edited by dudeage, 20 April 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#3 flycaster

flycaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:54 AM

Yes.

Edited by flycaster, 20 April 2015 - 02:10 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#4 flycaster

flycaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:12 PM

Just had some time to play some more with the problem and seemed to have solved it.  Although I had initially rebooted quiet a few times, the issue wasn't resolved...thus my initial "yes" reply. After an hour or so of fiddling with Display, I finally shut down the pc, unhooked the hdmi and power cable.  Turned on the TV and set input to recieve from the pc, rehooked the power cable and hdmi to pc and turned the pc on. Low and behold, the TV monitor was showing the pc's output.  Could it be tht for the pc to recognize the TV monitor, the monitor has to be on when the pc is first booted up??? Happy again, thanks.

#5 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:28 PM

Glad I could help, LOL!!!!  :lmao:

Edited by hamluis, 20 April 2015 - 04:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users