Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor detects GPU, but no signal/black screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vexus34

vexus34

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:54 PM

Hi,

After using this GPU in my build for about 10 months, it was running smoothly and all until just recently when I tried to connect my GPU to the monitor using the DVI cable, it would detect it and all, but when I turn on my PC the screen would just stay black without the monitor light turning on. 

I have tried reseating the GPU, but that didn't fix the problem, any help?

My specs are:

Windows 8.1 x64-bit
AMD FX-6300
MSI 970A-G46
Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3
Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2GB GDDR5 Boost/OC edition
Thermaltake TR-750 Power supply 

I tried using a spare old GPU that I had laying around which was a GTX Galaxy 430, and it was the same issue, it would detect, but just a black screen. Does this mean that the MOBO is the issue then?

Edited by vexus34, 19 April 2015 - 10:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alv117

alv117

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:00 PM

Make sure your monitor is set to "Digital In" auto detect. You may also have a bad DVI cable.

Edited by alv117, 19 April 2015 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users