Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GEE/BEE LOSES XP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GEE/BEE

GEE/BEE

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

Hey!
I'm GEE/BEE. Been here before, just never committed. I've Been surfing the web since it started. I was a beta tester for Pacific Bell,now is AT&T. Just recently got interested in how computers tick. Got hacked, so now I have a new system. Live in the Sierras, the wife and I are pretty secluded,so the computer is my window to the world.
Anyway, as the title states losing XP, sad day! . Fact: XP is still operating in 12% of the systems world wide. From Wiki article on history of XP. Look forward to meeting everyone!
Does anyone else miss the old OS's? I remember leaving Windows 95 behind for 98! Ahhh,memories!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,095 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:13 PM

Welcome to BC !

There is topic in XP where many mourn the passing of XP. If you are moving on to Windows 7 I doubt you will be lost or regret it.

Especially with your background.

Feel free to jump in to help others or ask for help in the many forums.

Another thought...unless you have some Windows programs such as Office or a game you can't live without, there are several Free Linux OSes that can make

a 10+ year old computer come alive.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 GEE/BEE

GEE/BEE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

Hey Buddy,
You mentioned my background, I think I should be up front , my back
ground is construction and building and riding Harleys. Most of My computer experience is with the Internet. Another reason I joined this site. As my interest in computers grows, I find myself starving for all the information I can get. I've only been serious about the technology for six months or so. I apologize if I mislead or misrepresented any thing that may have resulted inyourinterpretation.
On the flip side I liked your post.Thanks! Your idea of trying something different intrigues me. I like the way you think! Do you have any links or information on the subject? Again Thanks, GEE/BEE

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,095 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:13 AM

There is a Linux forum here. One of many good things about Linux is that you can use it without installing it using Live CDs or flash drives. That gives you

the opportunity to see if the hardware and YOU are compatible with one or many Linux OSes....also referred to as distros. All the major distros allow you

to test without installing. Linux & Unix Forum - BleepingComputer.com

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users