Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Up A Raid

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jawknee912

jawknee912

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

I have one 300GB hard drive in my pc now and i want to add a second and set up a raid 0 across the two. Is there any way to install the second hard drive and have it automatically transfer the data across so it becomes a raid 0? any info on setting up a raid would be very helpful. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:57 PM

here is a tutorial on RAID.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jawknee912

jawknee912
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:39 PM

so the only way to set up a raid 0 would be to back up all of my data then set up the raid in my bios and reinstall windows? is there any way that i can get a pci raid controller and plug in my current HD and a new, empty one and have the controller stripe all of the info on my current one across both of them? that would be far simpler than reinstalling windows.

Edited by jawknee912, 04 July 2006 - 03:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users