Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming Temp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ninetails74323432434

Ninetails74323432434

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

PC Specs: 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor AMD FX™-4300 Quad-Core Processor Video Card AMD Radeon R7 200 Series Memory 8.2 GB Operating System

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1

(build 7601), 64-bit

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem

Usually the temperature stays around 40-50 during normal,but playing a game like GTA5  or Watchdogs or any other game makes the temperature rise to around 90-103 and at 103 my monitor shuts down but my PC stays on and won't turn the monitor on unless I restart. I'm not quite sure how to fix it but I've opened the case up and the window, and put a fan that makes the room a lot more cold.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ninetails74323432434

Ninetails74323432434
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

Also I should say I had no errors in till I install the graphics card.

#3 CG_5

CG_5

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:48 PM

This is probably a simple cooling problem, I got the same so my case is open aswell,

make sure your fans are allowing airflow in a similar pattern to this...

cab5a64e_d7cb5b1c_computer02b.png

Apologies if it is super large.

#4 LFos42

LFos42

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:14 AM

repasting the cpu and gpu with a better paste (if not already) could help.  I used to game in teh summer (100F outside/ 84F inside, lol) so I'd take the door off the case and blow a fan directly inside the case when gaming. surprisingly, it worked fine, though I dripped sweat.  if you can do isolated water cooling (cheap prebuilt units) just for the cpu or gpu (whichever needs it most) that is amazing how good it works.  i put the radiator outside the case out the back, and it really moves the hot air completely outside of the case, which keeps everything cooler.

and yeh, I'd agree you might question your PSU even though it's well-rated.  I had a well-rated several year old 750W good name brand PSU (spec'd way above what the graphics card said it needed) cause all sorts of havoc, until I bought a new 1000W PSU then no more problems.  the newer ones seem to be much cleaner with better  isolated rails for high powered crossfire use (even though I wasn't doing crossfire).

just thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users