Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Data Connector Pin type ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Electricfat

Electricfat

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:03 AM

Hey guys, I have a  Toshiba Satellite P850 and recently I cracked my screen an am in the market for a new screen but I have stumbled across with a bit of a problem. What kind of data connector the screen. So I am freaking confused as to what type this Satellite P850 uses, I checked device manager but I could not find anything.

I just did an ebay search and I came accross this (it is a 40pin):  

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-15-6-LED-LCD-SCREEN-B156XW02-V-6-/230692422288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15...

I just want to know whether the screen of which I have linked above will fit a P850 and if not what kind of pin I need in order to fit my screen. 

Your help is greatly appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:46 AM

Device manager will not show you anything, as the data connector on the LCD screen is not a device. The description Standard 40-pin isn't super helpful, but you will need to physically inspect the connector on the back of the LCD panel in the unit, and confirm it looks like the one shown in the link below (may not have latches):

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/D-JAE-FI-N-40P-40pin-0-8mm-pitch-single-6bit-LCD-LVDS-Cable-Wire-Harness/519637_915577127.html

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users