Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 .exe

.exe

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

So when I started up my laptop the screen was black and a message showed up saying "Your files are encrypted!" Idk if its a virus

Please help..it also says "Your private key will be destroyed" it says on the 22nd...

My laptop is windows 8.1

Edited by .exe, 19 April 2015 - 12:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:11 AM

G'day .exe and :welcome: to BC.

More info/detail if you can please....what else was on the screen?....word for word will be important.

There are a number of ransomware type infections ....identifying which one is most important.

I am out of my depth when it comes to dealing with them, but with any sort of luck someone more up to date in that area will chime in.

If you clicked on a link in an email recently....that may well be where it gained entry.......do not delete the email just yet.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 .exe

.exe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:20 AM

G'day .exe and :welcome: to BC.

More info/detail if you can please....what else was on the screen?....word for word will be important.

There are a number of ransomware type infections ....identifying which one is most important.

I am out of my depth when it comes to dealing with them, but with any sort of luck someone more up to date in that area will chime in.

If you clicked on a link in an email recently....that may well be where it gained entry.......do not delete the email just yet.

Well on the top it says VV 72 ill try to take a screen shot

#4 .exe

.exe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:23 AM

it says "All your documents, photos,databases and other important files have been encrypted with the strongest encryption RSA-2048 key, generated for this computer."

thatts what it ays on the black screen but the other thing that pops up which is called "Crypolocker" says that my files are encrypted too.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:47 AM

Cryptolocker. ....there is a lengthy topic (202 posts).....HERE

post there......do some reading....the topic is followed closely...you will get a response.

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#6 .exe

.exe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:01 AM

How do I put up a picture on post lol so noob.

like a screenshot

Edited by .exe, 19 April 2015 - 01:01 AM.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:06 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-take-and-share-a-screen-shot-in-windows/

Edited by Condobloke, 19 April 2015 - 01:07 AM.

#8 .exe

.exe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

http://prntscr.com/6vj5ya  

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:27 AM

Post your screenshot in the topic i provided a link for in post #7

All crypto type infections are handled in those areas, to keep them contained, and in the sight of people experienced in dealing with them

Do you have a backup of your files??

Edited by Condobloke, 19 April 2015 - 02:28 AM.

#10 .exe

.exe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:25 AM

The files that are "encrypted" are the ones I don't care about lol, I barely had any files since I restarted it so yeah, I did this thing that was on youtube, "How to remove so and so...      but I don't know if its still in my laptop. or wat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users