Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cmanning2015

cmanning2015

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

Hi everyone!

I first would like to start by telling the owner/creator of bleeping computer, THANKS!!! I am so grateful for your website and all the advice you give. I found your site a few years back when I had a dell laptop and was on Micros oft page looking for help when I saw that one of their support technicians mentioned your site and that it was a great site for safe security downloads and really good advice. I am not too savy when it comes to in-depth computer knowledge, and it is awesome to have a place to come and find help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:05 PM

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer. Glad you decided to join us.

#3 cmanning2015

cmanning2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

Thanks, I am glad to find somewhere where I can find help with anything. Its nice to have a place that helps people like myself who don't know a lot about computers and can look in one place for what ever they need help with and know that its explained in a way for us to understand and easy to follow steps. Thanks for helping me and others like me and not making us feel confused and dumb. I do have a question I hope you can help direct me in the right direction. I have had to reset my hp pavilion back to factory default. Once I did that I noticed that my windows kept saying it needed to be activated and their was a issue with the key. The product id I have listed under info and the product key are different. I didn't get anything with my computer, but how a big sheet of paper telling me what was what. I didn't get a users guide or installation disc or a email after registering it with a product key. It does say that the last 4 digits of the key are CYQG3. I have contacted Microsoft and used the activation wizard and one guy gave me a key to enter and then after it didn't work I called back and the lady looked up some info and then said they couldn't help me and I needed to contact HP, but to be honest. I hate calling them because when I called for help because my pc wouldn't reset, restore, or couldn't get the recovery image to work I didn't know what else to do. Well needless to say the guy try to tell me without any troubleshooting or remote connection I had a hard drive issue and then I asked about running some type of diagnostic and he had me do one and after that passed he said it was the motherboard. Well He tried to get me to restart and kept saying to hit f11 and when I did it wasn't giving me the screen he needed and so he said I needed to send in the computer, but I knew he was giving me the wrong key to hit and so I ended up fixing the computer so it would reset, and I called about the activation error and they guy tried getting me to reset the computer but It kept saying the something couldn't be found and he was sending me a cd to use. he didn't tell me what it was for or what to do. So I am waiting . I did get my pc to upgrade to windows 8.1, but my activation key is still invalid and I also noticed that all of my certificates for Microsoft under Internet Explorer are saying they are invalid or expired back in 1999 or 2010. I told both tech with hp and Microsoft about this problem and asked that since they are not valid want it mess cause my problem with the product key and activation. I feel that it has everything to do with the them, but I can't find or know how to get them to renew or how to find where to get active certificates. If you could tell me where I could look or what I needed to look under I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks again for your website and all that you do to help others. If the world had more people willing to help others than trying to find a way to beat them out of a dollar or make us go through hoops then we would all be happier and feel better about our self.

:clapping: :bananas:

#4 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:24 AM

This sounds like a problem with Windows, so I suggest starting a thread in the Windows forum and asking there, as not many Windows users are likely to see your question here in the Introductions forum.

Best of luck!

#5 artman1

artman1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hi I'm artman1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users