Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macbook : Reloading Snow Leopard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nhbtitan

nhbtitan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

Thank you everyone for the warm invite, I am having a troubling issue with my Macbook, it is a 2010 model, Core 2 Duo. It came with Snow Leopard, I wanted to update it with Lion OSX for Vbox. This laptop has been sitting on the shelf for a number of years and from what I remember is that I got is stuck on Windows 7. I had a Virus and had to reboot it and there was something missing and I got frustrated and just left it on the shelf for years.

Well my new Lenovo has a Superfish and it is a pain in the ass so I decided to bring the Macbook down and use it due to the Vbox Tech that is out now. I go to reboot it after sending for another Snow Leopard Osx because there isnt a Apple Store for miles where I can get my Lion Osx Downloaded and have no other Apple Computer to get it from. This has been very frustrating for me lately. I got the Snow Leopard Osx in the mail from Ebay and I went to install it and after a few tries I realized that the Windows 7 OS cd was in the Optic Drive. I finally got it out but the problem was Windows was loading onto the Mac, I hard turned it off and took out the cd and then put the Snow Leopard OSX in and it still was booting Windows 7.... ?????

The other issue is I went to the Apple version of BIOS which is Control, Command, O, F. and nothing, it wont boot.I do not know  whats going on and I cannot find anyone else that has this issue.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:40 AM

Hello,

Your questions are not clearly, do you mean that you can not start from CD to install Mac OS X? During startup hold the C-Key down than you can start from the Mac OS cd to install it.

#3 nhbtitan

nhbtitan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

Okay, thanks I couldnt get that. Everyone was saying to me that I had to do the O, F, with the Control and Command.

#4 nhbtitan

nhbtitan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:47 AM

Hard drive is shot and battery is gone, so i guess its an Ebay parts sell

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:30 PM

FWIW...

A hard drive is rather easy to replace and will not cost much to buy. And if you don't need to use it in "pure" laptop mode (i.e. unplugged from the wall), it should still work when plugged into the wall even if the battery won't maintain a charge.

#6 nhbtitan

nhbtitan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

Thanka, I just bought a new IMAC QuadCore, I will get a new battery for the Macbook, Maybe or just sell as is. I am getting used to this and I am glad I got a new IMAC since Vbox came out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users