Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to adjust brightness after laptop awakens from sleep

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jkoll66

jkoll66

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

In the past few days my laptop has been behaving oddly. At first it would not allow me to adjust the brightness, neither with the function keys nor the slider. This would happen after it awakened from sleep.

It also does not like to restart now. It hangs at the "Restarting" screen until I force it to turn off by holding the power button.

In, addition, the keyboard stopped functioning. This has only happened once, though.

I ran system file check from the command line. It found corrupted files, but was unable to fix them. I ran it again in "Safe Mode" and got the same results.

I tried rolling back the display adapter. This did not solve the problem either. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

Intel Core i7-4500U

Running Windows 8.1 64 bit

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

Is your OS current? Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers for all of your connected and installed devices?

Do you have the OS installation disk? Can you boot from that and run the startup repair utility?

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users