Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Android Facebook account won't open on PC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Workingman

Workingman

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

My wife started a Facebook account on her Android LG cell phone. She can open her page automatically no problem from the phone but cannot sign in on our PC. She had set up  the necessary Gmail account but when she tries to log in to Facebook from the PC she gets a message saying the email address is invalid. I would appreciate any suggestions on what to do about this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,511 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

Just to be sure. She created the Facebook account using the Android Facebook application? Then later on tried to use the email address associated with the Android application when logging in on the PC. For whatever reason the email address used with the Android app is not correct according to Facebook when using the website on the PC?

Have you tried accessing Facebook's help page and asked for log in assistance?

https://www.facebook.com/help/

Without knowing the email information I'm really limited with my ability to diagnose what could be the issue. Facebook would be your starting point with troubleshooting your issue, in my opinion. As they have the ability to confirm what login information was used to begin with.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Workingman

Workingman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

Thank you very much, friend.  We will first try Facebook as you suggested. Sorry for being a little tardy with this reply to yours. Best wishes. Will keep you informed.

#4 boondox270

boondox270

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

Thank you very much, friend.  We will first try Facebook as you suggested. Sorry for being a little tardy with this reply to yours. Best wishes. Will keep you informed.

Did she sign up using an email address using the phone number assigned to the device? If so it wouldn't be the same as signing up using an email. After first using the facebook ap on the phone it registers the phone number. You would clear it and attempt to sign in with the email you used if you signed up originally on a pc. Make sure she hasn't initially signed up using her 10 digit phone number

#5 ElsieVan

ElsieVan

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

I think she is must typing the email with some spell mistake or the email is incorrect which she select for facebook and i suggest you please use phone number for login the facebook on PC i hope she entered the phone number for verification the facebook account and i am sure that it will be work. Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users