Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cores temperatures while gaming

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NDREW8

NDREW8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

Hello everyone,

I've bought less than a week an ACER ASPIRE VN7-591G-77FH specs:

Intel Core i7-4720HQ (6M Cache, up to 3.60 GHz), 8GB DDR3L SDRAM, 1TB HDD, 39.624 cm (15.6 ") LED (1920 x 1080) IPS, Intel HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2GB, Gigabit Ethernet, WLAN 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0, Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've checked the temperatures cores with "Temp-Core", playing Dark Souls II for example, and they've reached 90-95°C with 20-30-40% loading. Is it normal?

During normal using the cores are between 30-40°C.

Thanks in advice and sorry for my bad English.

Best regards,

Andrea

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

A quick google for the specs on this processor give its maximum operating temperature as 100oC.

If you are correct about the loading you are putting on it - up to 40% - I would be concerned about this. Being a week old, dust and dirt is not very likely so it does suggest a lack of cooling. It is possible the CPU fan is not working properly, or the heatsink is not mounted properly or with the correct amount of thermal paste. Given that it is only one week old I would speak to your supplier about this problem. Since I believe you live in the EU warranty should not be a problem.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users