Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba satellite C75D-A Graphics card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Google666

Google666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

Hello everyone. New to this site, but figured this may be my best shot. I hope :D Anyways. I have a Toshiba Satellite C75D-A AMD A6. 8gb ram. I want to just try to figure out if its possible I can upgrade this graphics card. I do want to stay with AMD. Im assuming I probably would have to anyways. I have already tried a few searches on my own before I came here. Im not great with computers, but I do know a little bit at least. I know others have more knowledge than I do when it comes to computers. Like I said, just want to know if I can upgrade or not. Or if I have to buy a whole new laptop to play games even better. Right now its not to bad at all. I can run watch dogs at around 20-25 fps. Low settings of course. But Its not laggy, so I can actually play it. Just want to buy GTA V and I'm afraid I won't be able to play it due to all the lag. Because I'm more than positive my laptop won't run it well at all. Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

You have a laptop...which has integrated graphics, not a discrete card.

Laptops do not have the upgrade options available that desktops do, with their separate/discrete components.

I see no way for you to "upgrade" the video...without changing the internals components (chips/APU) of the laptop.

Louis

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

One possibility is one of the add on graphics cards, I would look into it it may or may not be a possibility.  Alienware for one touts that it gives desk top performance to a lap top.  I would do a lot of research before plunking down $$$.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users