Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE crashes when I try to open any local html file

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

When I try to open a local html file (either by right clicking on it and opening with IE, or by loading IE and then dragging and dropping a file onto it), IE immediately crashes.

Specifically, it will come up with the crash popup window "Internet Explorer has stopped working". You click "Close the program" and it does it a second time (which is normal behaviour for how IE will try only twice, to avoid an infinite loop), and then you end up still in IE on that page that says "We were unable to return you to the page you were viewing."

It is not an issue with the code or content of the html file. Even a file that just says "hello" in it will crash this way.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 enemyofthestate

enemyofthestate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

use chrome

#3 bludshot

bludshot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

Can I test how a web page I am making looks in IE in chrome?

Anyways a reboot fixed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users