Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How i got my Server back after a Memory upgrade caused a bsod

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 icyleft

icyleft

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

So the motherboard was an Intel S1200BTLR a very shotty board that i would not recommend to anyone. we had problems from day one. anyway. so i am doing a standard memory upgrade everything seems normal and fine pop in the new memory boot up bsod. then nothing. unbootable. it just sit's forever trying to boot. so i try the normal crap... DSR Safemode SysR chkdsk found and fixed a bunch of bleep but still unbootable.

So now i'm all freaking out thinking i'm going to be spending the whole weekend restoring the domain and i'm not happy about it. so out of desperation i throw in a S1200V3RP and the damn thing boots. domain intact... dns users i was amazed and compleatly relieved... So if anyone can give me a clue as to what the hell happened that would be swell. 

I have since reloaded the BTLR and it is running just fine... I'm well confused by this turn of events and it's not a hell of a big deal at this point since everything is working but damn...what a day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

The only thing I can think is the memory was incompatible with the system.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users