Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Would this signature be okay?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:07 AM

I've been thinking of changing my signature to the one below. If you click on it you get directed to a song on youtube. The idea is that from time to time I'd change the url to point to a different song. I've read the forum rules, but I'm a bit on clear on whether my signature would be in breach of:

can not use formatting so that attention is brought to them.

as I'm not sure exactly what it means.

atGQ09b.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:38 AM

Your image complies with the size rules

Only one image per signature. Images in signatures must also be no larger than 500 pixels wide X 90 pixels high. If you have more than one image you will be requested to remove one. If this is not done in a timely manner the staff has the right to modify your signature to abide by these rules.

The image you want to use is 500 x 89 pixels

The rule you quoted states in full

Links in your signature must be unobtrusive and can not use formatting so that attention is brought to them.

That is primarily so signature links won't end up "in your face" like this with formatting that makes the link bigger than it should be.
Bleeping Computer Rules

Unobtrusive would be
Bleeping Computer Rules

From what I can see the image is fine.

Thank you for asking about it first.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 April 2015 - 12:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users