Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Different BSOD on every boot after power outage.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 lemon07r

lemon07r

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

Yeah my PC is seriously screwed up now. Tried using my windows disc to repair it. It just gets errors on whatever I try to use. (System restore etc). I found a crash dump and used of the repair tools to analyze it and it said the CI.DLL was bad (code integrity something I think) I also get non_paged_pool bsods or something like that amongst many others. Here is a picture of one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lemon07r

lemon07r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

4oEbVEa.jpg

#3 lemon07r

lemon07r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

cPdnCqr.jpg

#4 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:07 PM

The first screenshot shows bugcheck 0x109 - critical structure corruption, i.e., kernel corruption

The second screenshot - bugcheck 0x1a - severe memory management error

CI.dll is a Microsoft code integrity driver - http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=CI.dll  -- which sort of fits, especially with the 0x109 BSOD.

It is not the cause of your BSODs, rather it is listed as a default

Varying bugchecks are often a sign of unknown hardware failure.  It is possible that the power outage damaged hardware which in turn is resulting in an unstable OS.

I would suggest that you back up all important files and reinstall Windows.  Upon reaching Desktop, allow all Windows Updates to install.

If BSODs continue after a fresh install of Windows, then you know hardware failure (unknown) is at fault and you can start hardware diagnostic testing, e.g., memtest86+ for RAM; SeaTools for DOS for HDD, etc. . .

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

p.s.  Very nice BSOD pictures!  : )

Edited by jcgriff2, 17 April 2015 - 05:39 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#5 lemon07r

lemon07r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:35 AM

What would be the best way to back up my important files? This is the family PC which is primarily used by my dads and he has a few documents and pictured I know he would like to keep.

#6 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:32 AM

You could just copy user profile folders out to a USB stick.

Documents

Pictures

Music

Video

Favorites

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

Varying errors related to hardware...can also be indicative of a weakening/failing CMOS battery.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#8 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

If you have spare SATA cables you can also try to put the hard drive in another PC that is known good, it will merely see it as a 2nd hard drive and you should be able to pull anything off from there.  It doesn't sound like the hard drive is affected only Windows.   

Have you tried going to the Advanced Options Menu yet?  Last Known Good Config might fix the issue. 

Also, from the same menu you could try to see if you can get into Safe mode - then to backup your data you can just leave the hard drive in your current computer. 

I would agree wtih jcgriff2 from there - Windows reinstall would be the next step. 

If your PC is still behaving the same way, I would pay attention to the colour of the power button - many manufacturers use this to give you a clue as to what needs to be replaced.  Make a note of the color and sequence of the power buttom and Google it from another computer.  If you have a desktop, this usually results in a Power Support, Motherboard, or both getting replaced.  If you have a laptop, any or all of the ac adapter, battery, and/or motherboard might need to be replaced. 

If power issues aren't to blame, you'll have to go the trial and error route - take out all the easily replaceable components (hard drive, RAM, optical drive if you have one, memory card reader if you have one, any and all expansion cards. 

Make sure the display is on the internal graphics card, start the PC up and see how it behaves, then shut it down.  If you're still getting blue screens at this point, replace the motherboard.  If it gives you an expected error message like no hard drive or no RAM or that type of stuff then add the components back 1 by 1 and see if you can narrow down what's causing the issue.    

#9 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:21 PM

Guys, after MiniToolBox, would F8-ing and going through Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Network, followed by booting with last known good configuration help, respectively, restore drivers, then software related to video, audio, devices, etc. -- assuming hardware is entact?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#10 lemon07r

lemon07r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

I actually did clear the cmos using the jumper after the power outage because the monitor got messed up and it would display only the boot logo then nothing else so i had thought it was a issue with the motherboard. Then i tried a different monitor after and found it was just the monitor that was bad. However I had already cleared the cmos, perhaps I did something wrong and messed up the cmos?

Also I can't boot into windows without a BSOD so im not sure how I would run minitoolbox, unless there is a bootable image that I can burn.

Varying errors related to hardware...can also be indicative of a weakening/failing CMOS battery.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

Edited by lemon07r, 17 April 2015 - 05:57 PM.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

When a CMOS battery is failing...the proper cure is to replace it.  If this is a desktop, that's a minimal investment for a large return, IMO.

Louis

#12 lemon07r

lemon07r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

I changed the CMOS battery no luck. Also tried clearing CMOS again.and after that didn't work I tried setting raid mode to achi. I would get a bsod super fast the PC would reboot. I couldn't see what it was so I got my phone and to took a slow motion 60fps recording and took a screen shot the bsod during video playback of the slow motion capture. I post the pictures below. First one is the super fast one second one is one I got from just letting the computer run and reboot on its own a few times.

#13 lemon07r

lemon07r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

yKgT8jP.jpgtinGRCA.jpg

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

Without more data...it just degenerates to a guessing game...with the two logiical possibilities being malware and hardware.  But that doesn't mean that the Windows install itself is not the problem, due to corruption of either the file system or Windows itself.

Louis

#15 lemon07r

lemon07r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:33 AM

Tried safe mode. Got bsod :/. I have a older motherboard and CPU though it is a huge downgrade. Maybe I will try that.but everything had been working fine until I tried to clear the CMOS after a power outage. Idk if I even cleared it properly, I tried to do it by by moving the jumper down one pin ( there were 3 pins)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users