Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High CPU usage and loss of word docs - Toshiba Satellite L745-S4210

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 msjman

msjman

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Hello and thank you for the support in advance. I have used this service in the past for my computer with excellent results now I am trying to fix my daughters computer. Here goes:

She was trying to access her school word docs and when she went to open them they were gone. When she tried to go to the documents folder there is an error that stated the folder is corrupted. When she try to run scan disk it fails. There is continued high CPU usage. I looked into the task window and it appears to be google chrome related but its hard to tell.. Computer details are as follows:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite L745
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date INSYDE 2.60, 6/26/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\windows
System Directory C:\windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

Should I be concerned? I have Nortons internet security and found nothing and I also downloaded malwarebytes and there 400+ issues but only 6 of these were malware. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 16 April 2015 - 08:32 PM.
Moved to AII from Windows 7. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 msjman

msjman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

Bump. Did I miss something in the description