Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bulk emails using Windows Live mail through Gmail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Friarbarb

Friarbarb

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

My ISP, Shentel, now uses Google mail as email servers. I run a business and in the past have been able to send bulk type emails, broken down into groups of 80 or less recipients (per my ISP instructions) and had no issues. I have about 10-12 of these groups of 80 or less recipients and I send each group seperately throughout the day. In otherwords, I don't send all 10-12 groups at once.

I only send these group emails 2 - 4 times a year, so I'm not sending 10 ga-billion emails.

Recenlty (say in the last 6 months), I send out these bulk emails and the emails are not delivered. They are not stuck in the Outbox and they show as being Sent. I have contacted some of the recipients individually and they indicated they did not receive the group emails, but do receive individual emails.

I contacted my ISP and they just walked me through my Windows Live Mail settings, but he was not able to offer any other help.

Any help appreciated.

Robert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

It sounds like there's a syncing issue between Windows Live and Gmail.

Are you able to get to the Gmail admin page for your email account via a web browser? From there, make sure it's configure to use IMAP.

You may also want to try another email client, like Outlook or Thunderbird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users