Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best provider for a rural location

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 THEFLYINGMACHINE

THEFLYINGMACHINE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

Hey everyone

I am posting because I am moving to a more rural location that doesn't offer broadband, which is what I have right now. I've done a little research and get the sense that it is a toss-up between Exede satellite and Verizon Wireless internet. I think the top-end speed for Exede is a little faster, but it sounds like latency is an issue with that service. I don't believe Verizon has the same degree of latency. After including the $10/ month modem lease with Exede, the prices are the same I believe.

Not sure if this matters, but I would like to download video games on occasion on my PS4 and occasionally some mp3s. I've never been big on online multiplayer gaming, and am resigned that it won't really be doable in my new location. But, otherwise I don't think that I'll be doing much intensive stuff on the internet.

If both offered free installation, I would probably roll the dice, but since both charge, I just wanted to get thoughts from anyone about either service, or any other potential service.

Thanks

Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users