Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To 'autoload' Path?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clodhopper

Clodhopper

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:33 AM

In order to increase the free space on my C drive I just copied a fairly large game from it to my E drive in anticipation of deleting the C drive copy once I verified the E drive copy was fully operational and accessible.

I changed the paths accordingly on the General tab of the Properties function for the program, and I have verified that it is indeed using the intended E drove path when I invoke it from the Program List.

However, when I simply insert the program's CD, it still tries to auto-load the game program from the OLD location. Where do I need to go to change this?

Thanks much.

Max

(Moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 02 July 2006 - 02:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:53 PM

I don't exactly understand what you're trying to do. Is your E: drive a partition on your C: drive, a completely different drive, an external drive, a CD even?

Most games store saved game information or other setting in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents (simply My Documents). If it's not stored in a folder, settings are probably stored in the registry. This being the case, it's may be difficult just copy the files from one place to another.

Another method would be to find where your game keeps it's saved games, and back up that data. Completely uninstall your game and reinstall it to the desired drive. Then simply replace your saved game data

--

If this isn't what you're trying to do then please post back explaing your situation in more detail.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users