Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google chrome users: anyone seen this with plugins?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:41 AM

I noticed something strange with google chrome today, I use it sometimes for browsing(mostly when I want to play a video on a site which I know doesn't have adverts on it) alongside firefox. This refers mostly to users who have plugins set to "click to play" so that they don't load automatically(and hog your bandwidth) but will load when you choose them to. When I loaded the page in question I found that to play the video one no-longer left clicks to make the grey box be replaced by the plugin but instead one must right click and then a little options menu appears, one then scrolls down to "Run this plug-in" in this small options menu clicks it and then the plugin loads. Has anyone else noticed this, any ideas why the change was made. It's not a problem at all but it's strange for the interface to suddenly chnage like this after years of being a single left click to play.

Edited by rp88, 16 April 2015 - 11:41 AM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,967 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:25 AM

Anyone else noticed this yet? Also I've found that the style of the bookmarks star icon is different to before on chrome on my windows 8.0 laptop, but the style of this icon has remained the same on my 8.1 laptop. Both are running the latest version of chrome and claim so on the "about" page.

Edited by rp88, 19 April 2015 - 09:25 AM.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

The bookmark star also changed on my laptop running Windows 7 x64.

#4 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,967 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

What about the method of activating plugins, for example flash video?

#5 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

rp88, the time frame you mentioned is about the time Chrome released Version 42.0.2311.90 m (April 14)   Hope this helps.

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#6 O.T.T.

O.T.T.

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:57 AM

What about the method of activating plugins, for example flash video?

I've got the same thing as you on my up-to-date Iron Portable which is a Chrome-clone...

OTT

Please ask Google why some of my links don't work anymore !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users