Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving Red Pixels/Glitch Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chillum

Chillum

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:41 AM

HP 15 Notebook

AMD E1-2100 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Chrome Version 42.0.231190 m

Hi,last week I noticed some tiny blood red pixels migrating?/moving on the top of my start screen,they only appeared for less than a minute.Since then I have also had them randomly appear on images I've been viewing whilst using the internet.I took a screenshot and when the box appeared (showing the screenshot) asking me where to save the screenshot to the red pixels were still moving but afterwards when I saved the screenshot and checked they weren't on the saved image.I also tried moving the page up and down and the red pixels stayed fixed on the image so it seemed that the problem was the image itself.It's difficult trying to explain what the pixels look like and can only describe them as being a faint neon blood red rain and when they appear they go after a few minutes?.

Here is the screenshot I took and with my magical abilities in an free online paint program I've tried to re-create what happened lol.

Any info and help would be most appreciated ..thanks...oh and my pc is only 1 year old.

This is still image of a video but it has happened on an image that wasn't a video,if I see this again on my start screen i will take a screenshot.

Edited by Chillum, 16 April 2015 - 01:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Hi there Chillum,

It all sounds a bit complicated, but still - to me it all sounds like a strange graphics card problem. I will list some of the most probable causes and troubleshooting:
First of all - try different browsers, image viewing software or even connect the laptop to a TV if you can, and see what happens. If the problem persists it may be a video driver/card problem  Restart computer and enter safe mode. Dont worry if you see everything is in enlarged form, it just means that your computer is running with your mother board integrated video and not the add on video card itself. 
If you don't see such lines than probably your motherboard is fine and the culprit is the video card or it's drivers.
Reinstall video card driver. Control panel> system> select hardware tab>device manager> select your video card (display adapter) right click on it and install video card rivers. 

I will be waiting for your answer and try my best to help further if I can, Citizen_WD

#3 Chillum

Chillum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi Citizen_WD thanks for your swift reply and my apologies for my late one.I've managed to source my problem and it seems to happen when I tilt/move my laptop screen forwards and backwards,this has led me to the conclusion that it is down to the screen/video cable.I'll just have to try and be gentle when opening and closing my laptop from now on.

Edited by Chillum, 25 April 2015 - 03:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users