Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

searching for a perfect laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 primeop

primeop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:06 AM

My budget for the new computer is: Under $580 (Canadian Dollars!)

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?  Light Gaming

What software do you intend on using on the computer? games with infrequent music/video encoding

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? anywhere from indie to AAA titles. No need to be super pretty though

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? Usually I'll have some sort of VOIP program running, a game, IRC client, Music Player and browser

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? HDD is irrelevant here

Will you be overclocking? No

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices? Canada

How many monitors are you planning to use? The one provided with the laptop

Do you need peripherals? OS? No. Any version of Windows post-Vista

Any particular reason why you are upgrading? My Samsung ****top bit the bucket (thank god)

Please note I'm looking for a laptop with good build quality! Manufacturers recommended to me so far are Asus, MSI and Lenovo. I'm open to ideas though.

I want at least 6 gigs of RAM. If there's less it needs to be compatible with the two sitcks of 4GB that came with my Samsung NP355V5C

Screen should be 15.6 inches with a 720p resolution

Link : https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Watch-Fast-Furious-7-Online-8290584.S.5994080725333262336

Edited by primeop, 16 April 2015 - 01:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Laptops are notoriously expensive and finding one that suits your needs can be difficult.  At around 600.00 you may be stuck with intel graphics which is not really what you want.  Even with light gaming with current games your going to want one with an nvidia video card in it.  I suggest maybe saving a bit more money to get one you will be happy with.  I like the options you can get at xoticpc.com maybe you can find one there that suits your needs.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

You may find a refurbished on on one of the manufacturers sites, they usually come with a warranty.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users