Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection, no browsers work.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 versaillesable

versaillesable

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:56 PM

My computer says it's got an excellent connection to the internet.  However, when I open a browser, I can't go anywhere.  If I type in a webpage, at the bottom it just says "Waiting for page..." and the wheel turns, but nothing happens.  

I have been searching for days for solutions, but nothing seems to work.  I've opened the command prompt and done ipconfig/release & renew, I have unplugged the router and restarted, and I'm not finding anything helpful.  I need someone who can walk me through some things I can try, and also interpret the results the command prompt gives back to me.

What useful information can I provide to get started?

Merci beaucoup.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:35 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

Sounds like you may be set up for a static IP. See this site for setting Vista up for dynamic IP addressing ... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/how-do-i-enable-dhcp-on-vista/f459d1cd-e1ad-401c-b951-72e79028b516 .

Hope this helps!

#3 versaillesable

versaillesable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:56 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

Sounds like you may be set up for a static IP. See this site for setting Vista up for dynamic IP addressing ... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/how-do-i-enable-dhcp-on-vista/f459d1cd-e1ad-401c-b951-72e79028b516 .

Hope this helps!

I followed the instructions and everything was already set the way they recommended.

Internet browsers still aren't functioning.

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:03 AM

Here's a BC tool that has numerous Windows mini-fixes, many of which are for connectivity issues. Give it a try ... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/ .

#5 a.h.h.10

a.h.h.10

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

Have you tried cleaning out temporary Internet files, cookies, etc.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users