Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my computer good for gaming?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pwnedbysosa

pwnedbysosa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:39 PM

Hello this is my first post, im pwnedbysosa and this is my computer as of today:

Msi A78M-E35 motherboard

Amd Athlon X4 760k processor

Asus geforce GTX 660 graphics card

16gb kingston hyper furry ram

Please let me know if ill be able to run the latest games and such, thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CG_5

CG_5

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:03 AM

Yes absolutely,

I have the same GPU (3GB Superclocked edition though) and can handle every game I throw at it on high - max settings (Metro: LL, Far Cry 4, Deadrising 3, Wolfenstein: TNO, etc.

So yes, go for your life!

Edited by CG_5, 05 May 2015 - 12:03 AM.

#3 Bright10A

Bright10A

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

Your CPU is good but leaves a bit to be desired. You should be able to run most games fine but don't be surprised if you have trouble running real heavy hitter games such as Farcry 4 if you try to crank up the graphical settings . You have an excellent amount of RAM and a great GPU but CPU is important as well. Like I said, for now it should be fine for the majority of games but consider upgrading your CPU in the future and make sure you check the minimum requirements for any demanding games you are considering purchasing. 

#4 IBelieveInGravity

IBelieveInGravity

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:48 AM

Your pc is definitely not outdated. But with the newest more graphic-heavy releases such as The Witcher 3 which is coming out in a couple of days, you're going to have problems.

But like i said, not outdated, you can probably use this pc to play most games and be happy for another 2-3 years.

#5 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:32 AM

With merely an upgrade to the GPU, you'll be able to play pretty much any game you want. Try the 750 Ti or something from the 900 series.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#6 GameMaster

GameMaster

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:38 PM

Try the 750 Ti or something from the 900 series.

The 750 Ti seems like a step down in terms of performance looking at these AnandTech benchmarks. I have a GTX 760, which isn't that far off from the GTX 660. IIRC, Steam conducted a hardware survey and found the GTX x60 (that is cards like the GTX 660 and GTX 760) were the most used cards or at least among them (JayzTwoCents has a video on it somewhere). It's an average video card for gaming. Looks like the most current results can be found here.

Edited by GameMaster, 30 June 2015 - 01:40 PM.

#7 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:05 PM

Try the 750 Ti or something from the 900 series.

The 750 Ti seems like a step down in terms of performance looking at these AnandTech benchmarks. I have a GTX 760, which isn't that far off from the GTX 660. IIRC, Steam conducted a hardware survey and found the GTX x60 (that is cards like the GTX 660 and GTX 760) were the most used cards or at least among them (JayzTwoCents has a video on it somewhere). It's an average video card for gaming. Looks like the most current results can be found here.

I have a 750 Ti SC in my semi-gaming rig and it works great.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users