Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Light buzzing sounds from Macbook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 winsordawson

winsordawson

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

Throughout the day my Macbook makes light buzzing noises which sound like they are coming from the circuit board. Most people would probably not even be able to hear them. They occur for stretches of time and then stop. They can occur whether or not the computer is completing a task.  I do not think they are a concern, but is there a term for them and is their frequency a sign of anything, like that I should clean the fans? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:31 PM

Possible ii's your fan. If you not have other problem unless this periodical noise clear you fan and the noise should go away. 

Run a diagnostic test to check your hardware: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201257

#3 winsordawson

winsordawson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

Thank you, but are you saying the noise is caused by the fan or that the noise is from the fan itself? Because I know what my fan sounds like and it is not that. It is much quieter and of a higher pitch.

#4 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:15 PM

You say that the noise is in a higher pitch, the possibility a higher degree of pollution in your fan can produce this noise. Have you made the diagnostic test? (instructions see link). Other possibility interferences by electrical devices like lamps or other Hardware. Have you installed some new electrical devices? 

Unplug all additional Hardware and check however is gone away. Also many internal things like GPU, Hard drive. If you have warranty I suggest you go to the next apple shop and check it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users