Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Suggestion] Enable the Unreplied Topics tab

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

Hi everyone :)

So IPB have a tab called "Unreplied Topics" that you can enable. This tab will list every threads that have no replies, allowing you to see which threads would need attention since someone is waiting for assistance/reply/etc. You also have the possibility to exclude threads from showing in this tab. I see that forums like GeeksToGo and WhatTheTech have that tab enabled, and others like BleepingComputer and Malwarebytes don't. Is there any reasons for that? If not, is it possible to enable it? Personally I use it all the time on GeeksToGo to see which threads have no replies in and it also allows you to find threads that have 0 replies and that have been posted for quite a long time. Maybe the reason it's not enabled is that BleepingComputer is so big that thousands of threads would come up when going in that tab, but isn't possible to add a maximum date, like 2 weeks in it?

Let me know what you think!

Thank you :)

Edit: Oupsies, I have a small typo in my thread title. Should be "Enable" and not "Enabled", if a mod could correct it, I would appreciate it! :P

Edited by Aura., 15 April 2015 - 02:27 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

Edit: Oupsies, I have a small typo in my thread title. Should be "Enable" and not "Enabled", if a mod could correct it, I would appreciate it! :P

Done.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

Thank you Queen :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

This is not a default feature but rather a IPB hook/app that you need to install.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

Really? I thought it was a default thing from IPB since I've seen it on other IPB forums and it seemed to "fit" in. Would you consider adding it? :P

unite_blue.png

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

Will look into it. Want to see what it entails before i make decision.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Alright that's good, thank you for letting me know! :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users