Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Browser

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:20 AM

hello everyone... is it ok to install both firefox 1.5 and mozilla 1.7 and use them both?

tnx,
semp

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:23 PM

Hi sempai
having multiple browsers is not a problem,
i currently use.... firefox 1.5, netscape 8.1, Opera v9 and Internet explorer 6 and have never had a problem.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

oki......... tnx bro.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:37 PM

Yw :thumbsup:

BBPP6nz.png

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:44 PM

You can install both Firefox and Mozilla on the same computer, but it just takes up space. The browser in the full Mozilla suite is essentially Firefox. But the suite does come with some very nice features and programs not available in Firefox.

3939.png

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:50 AM

I have both Mozilla and Firefox installed. Since they use the same profile, it is rather easy to have both. However, the Mozilla suite is no longer being developed, since the folks decided on only continuing to develop Ff and Thunderbird. The Mozilla suite is being developed independently of its originators.
I have switched over almost completely to the two separate modules, since I am more confident that security patches will be issued in a timely fashion, and extensions I use will continue to function.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 jatfla

jatfla

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:46 AM

I like the little Flock browser.

#8 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

I didn't use much of the features of the Mozilla suite, just email and browser. Becuase of this I switched to Firefox and Thunderbird.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users