Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 lowTango

lowTango

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573243/windows-7-toshiba-laptop-runs-very-slow/page-0 - Hamluis.

downloaded MiniToolBox and norton deleted
I have a dell win7 laptop runs slow , when I click on a link I get this little circle    which takes a very long time to load

Edited by hamluis, 15 April 2015 - 11:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

Tools hosted on BleepingComputer.com are often targetted by Antivirus products but they are what we call false positives. Every download hosted here is safe, it's just that they have a behavior that is considered "malware-like" in order to gather information on your system. I suggest you to disable Norton for the time being, until you download MiniToolBox, run it, and give me the report.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 lowTango

lowTango
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Aura, thank you for the info, I kinda though that what was happying , I will do what you said and get back to you. Iam new to posting.

I have though about reloading windows to take care of this problem, sometimes pages will never load, the computer came with trend micro

anti virus which I think very low on ratings, I uninstalled and put norton. win7 64bit

thanks

Lou

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:15 PM

lowTango, I see that this isn't your thread. I'll ask you to create a new one in which I'll assist you, alright? :) Click on the link below, it'll take you to the "New thread" page for a thread in the Windows 7 section.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=167

Mod Edit:  In the future...please use the REPORT button to inform us of misplaced topics or inappropriate comments from Member A in a topic started by Member B - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 16 April 2015 - 08:57 AM.
Closed, OP reposted - Hamluis.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users