Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Botched Windows 8.1 update causes BSoDs on machines running Kaspersky

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:04 AM

KB3013769 Botched Update Causes BSOD on Windows PCs Running Kaspersky Software - Softpedia

Unfortunately for many users, one of the updates that experience the same behavior is KB3013769, a botched patch that was causing BSODs on computers running Kaspersky security software.

The update was first launched in December 2014, and at that time, security engineers working for both Kaspersky and Microsoft confirmed that there was an issue with this patch and suggested Windows users to remove the security apps, install the app, and then re-install Kasperskys solutions.

Microsoft, stop causing trouble for AV vendors!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

My home desktop is running Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bits with Kaspersky Internet Security 2015. I installed every single Windows Updates I had (that were not drivers) yesterday and rebooted the computer multiple time since then. Didn't get a single BSOD so far. Funny how everytime a problematic Windows Update gets released, I install it and never have a single issue. I must be taking care of my system right I guess :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

I dropped Kaspersky quite some time ago, so I would not dare to say if I know it actually causes trouble or not :P

You might want to check if that particular update is present?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

I'll check once I get home tonight. But I'm sure that I have it since I installed every single one of them and I had like 40 :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users