Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic Card Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomoni1

tomoni1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

I do not know if this the proper forum for this matter,but I appreciate your help.

We have an HP Envy Laptop,and lately we have been having serious issues with the graphic card,specially when we try to stream movies to our TV. It works sometimes,but all of a sudden the next day,the graphic card disapears from Device Manager,and we have to install it again.We have updated the drivers,but still having the same problem.Looking in Device Manager,I noticed this Laptop has two graphic cards, one is an Intel® HD,and the other one is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650.The card we having problems with is the ATI card.
I have been reading the HP support sites,and apparently this is a common problem with this line of Laptops,and the proposed solutions are very confusing,since it has something to do with a card switching mechanism.
Maybe you guys,migth had come across a simpler solution to this matter.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!     

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

If you are not using the Intel graphics...there's no reason that driver should be installed, IMO.  I would go into the BIOS and disable the Intel graphics, that eliminates it as a potential problem of any sort.

Louis

#3 tomoni1

tomoni1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

Thank Louis. But I understand that the Intel graphic card is the main card for this Notebook HP ENVY 14-121NR Model.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

As Louis stated shut off the Intel graphic in the bios, it is part of the processor not a separate entity. 

Edited by OldPhil, 17 April 2015 - 04:41 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

I would simply disable the Intel graphics card from your system.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users