Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocking Other People From Accessing The Router!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MathsDude

MathsDude

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:02 AM

Ok this sounds childish but my housemates are very stupid and a bunch of twats!!!!!!!!!
They act like they know everything and did everything wrong behind my back going with ntl and them doing a bad job. ANYWAY long story short, I blocked them on the router so that they cant access the net.

The other thing is one of them has a broken wifi card so she needs a cable which i got but which is not mine.
And she wouldnt thank me for pointing it out that wifi card doesnt work and she took the cable and acted like she owned it!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!

She is one of those posh gilrs who gets everything paid for and does a bleep degree for the sake of it!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Anyway do i have a point or is this illegal in a sense??????

:flowers:
MathsDude
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:00 PM

If you are paying for the internet service and you own the router then you may do anything you want. There is no law (yet) that says that everyone must be provided with internet service.

However, as long as they don't change any settings in the router or hog the bandwidth don't you think that it's childless to block them out ? Perhaps they should help pay for the ISP cost if they want access.

#3 MathsDude

MathsDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:41 PM

Oh tey do pay but if u met these people then u would want to punch their faces in.
Thats all i got to say really!!!!!

:thumbsup:
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

#4 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:05 PM

If they help pay for internet service then you have no right to block them out. And don't give away items that don't belong to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users