Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Modem Flashing Lights Orange LAN 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cimi

Cimi

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:18 AM

Hi all, 

System Info
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 55 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3975 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics, -2044 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total – 461410 MB, Free – 394546 MB;
Motherboard: Notebook, KHLAP15N3540A
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Problem

The LAN 1 port that the Ethernet Cable that runs into is flashing orange. It is my understanding that if the light is flashing this means that a connection cannot be established or a firmware update is being attempted??
The reason this is a problem is because I am trying to set up an IP WEB Cam and the port scanners do not identify the IP address of the Webcam. The Webcam software etc. us installed correctly and I’ve ruled out Firewall as a block. 
I’ve attached a short clip of the Modem Flashing. 
SO my main question is WHY the light flashing is. It does this is LAN1 LAN2 LAN3? How can I fix this so the modem identifies this connection? 

Thanks all
LINKS
https://yadi.sk/i/iGAel6g0fzY9u
https://yadi.sk/i/R6Fi3egmfzYA2
https://yadi.sk/i/Odrm3ytLfzYTo

Modem Type audio codes (MP264)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:38 AM

You have another open topic here.

Please continue in that topic to avoid the confusion that often occurs when trying to help two or more topics of same member at the same time in different threads.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 15 April 2015 - 04:40 AM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:16 AM

Topic closed to avoid confusion, please continue as suggested in above post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users