Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to change password in server 2012 r2 even with pstools

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 akbaruddin

akbaruddin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:32 AM

i am unable to change password in server 2012r2 server remotely by pstools 

can any one can assist me in better way so that i can solved my issue 

i had tried pstools 

i.e pspasswd\\remotepc -u administrator -p password 
i.e pspasswd\\remotepc @listofpcs -u administrator -p password

Note: this commands lastly work changes in server 2003 only can ..anyone help for changing in server 2012 r2 ,,

thanks please reply as soon as possible :scratchhead: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Fly-by topology

Fly-by topology

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:42 AM

Well for one thing you need to be physically at the keyboard, it can not be done remotely unless the manufacturer built into the server a dedicated remote administration IP address.  

You do know the Administrators password yes?

I'm not exactly comfortable with disclosing the exact application and driver combination needed to breach security on a current operating system.

Is the remote management role installed?  

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

Your best option is to log in as the admin on the client you are running pstools on. Be aware that when you have to specifiy the username and password in pstools remotely, and you are not logged into the local client as the admin, those credentials are sent in clear text.

Can you connect via Remote Desktop to this server? You should be able to change the server admin password that way, provided the credentials you use with RDP have sufficient privileges.

#4 Mason Higgins

Mason Higgins

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

Your best option is to log in as the admin on the client you are running pstools on. Be aware that when you have to specifiy the username and password in pstools remotely, and you are not logged into the local client as the admin, those credentials are sent in clear text.

Can you connect via Remote Desktop to this server? You should be able to change the server admin password that way, provided the credentials you use with RDP have sufficient privileges.

I would go with this one. I think the remote desktop option should be sought for. 

Edited by Mason Higgins, 23 April 2015 - 07:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users