Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer taking ages to boot, mouse randomly relocating, slow to load programs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 atomikkbomb

atomikkbomb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

I have been having an issue recently that I've encountered once before, but I lost the location of the steps I used to fix the issue.

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that is currently running Windows 7. I have a TV plugged in to serve as a second monitor. When the problem first started, my mouse would randomly jump from my secondary screen to my main screen without warning, usually while I was playing World of Warcraft. This problem continues to persist, but now I am also having issues where my computer is booting up incredibly slowly, often approaching 10 minutes needed simply to load up the OS and get to the login screen, and then additional time after that to load up my desktop and programs that are set to autorun on startup.

I ran an Avast scan today to try and figure out if there was a virus problem, and it told me nothing was wrong, but as I was watching it scan, I noticed it was searching through a few Lenovo files... and I have a Dell. I had a virus at one point a little over a year ago that would randomly deselect my current window, often while I was typing, and it was masquerading under a Lenovo file as well, but I can't seem to find the files this time, and I don't have the tell-tale process happening when I check my task manager.

After Avast turned up no results, I ran Malwarebytes in the hopes it would find something that Avast could not, and while it did find and delete 5 files, none of them were the mystery Lenovo files, and my computer continues to run at a snail's pace, having trouble booting up my browser and my games, even trouble loading the OS in a timely manner.

After Malwarebytes, I ran CCeaner, and then I booted in safe mode and ran Autoruns to try and see if I could find the file, but no such luck. Am I chasing a ghost? I'm hoping someone can give me some help, because I've run out of ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users