Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certificate error pop up when I open mail reader

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rich_G

Rich_G

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Hi

For the last week, I am getting the error msg pop up below whenever I open PostBox mail reader.  Doesn't appear to affect anything - just annoying.  Plus I worry that it might be some type of malware.

I am running Windows 7 Home.

Thanks for any help.  

Rich_G

This is the error msg pop up:

Server connection failed

stats.g.doubleclick.net:443 uses an invalid security certificate

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is not trusted

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

This could be a problem with the server's' configuration or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

If you have connected to this server successfully in the past the error may be temporary and you can try again later. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

This issue isn't indicative of malware. What it means is that the website or server is not authenticating properly with it's SSL certificate or has an invalid certificate.

What this means for you is that you cannot trust the connection. You should not use it for sensitive information or banking of any form.

Here is more info on SSL certificates.

#3 Rich_G

Rich_G
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

Thanks blee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users