Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Email Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mthd

mthd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

Hello folks!

I've got a problem that's left me scratching my head. I've got a client who has an email address she accesses from 6 different devices - 4 PC's, a windows tablet, and an android phone. She is using IMAP.

The 2 mobile devices work perfectly.

Of the 4 PC's 2 are Windows 7 and 2 are Windows 8. 3 of the PC's are at the business location, the other is at her home. All of the PC's are running Outlook 2010. 

Suddenly at some point last week, the 4 PC's running Outlook stopped syncing the Inbox. All of the other folders (Sent, Trash, etc) sync fine... but NOTHING will show up in any of the Inboxes. I came down to my shop and plugged her settings into my Outlook 2013 and it worked perfectly. 

I'm truly at a loss as to what the problem is here. How would all of them stop working at the same time at 2 different locations... and why is it JUST the Inbox? 

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:13 AM

Try opening Outlook in safe mode. In the Search field (Win 7 and 8) type outlook.exe /safe. This will disable any add-ons she may be using. If that resolves the issue, then have her remove those add-ons.

If possible, check to make sure Windows Updates are up to date. Make sure her PCs are configured to receive Microsoft product updates as well, and make sure those are up to date.

Failing that, repair Outlook. In Control Panel>Programs and Features, click on Outlook and select Repair from the options at the top of the list.

Who is her email provider? They may have changed some settings on their end that didn't affect ActiveSync (so her phones are still syncing) but did affect Outlook.

How big is her .pst file? How big is her inbox? When these get too large, that can also create issue. She may want to either delete or archive older emails to free up some space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users