Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

freezing problems

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:03 AM

Both Search Protect and Optimizer Pro...two of your startup entries...are classified as malware, IIRC.

I suggest that you initiate a new topic in the Am I Infected forum where the more knowledgeable can do a check of your system with the proper tools.  In your new topic, I would include a link to this topic.

Louis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 TinaK

TinaK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

I deleted the items you listed, there were some others you didn't mention that were yellow like mfeavfk01,Adobe online and some others. I wasn't sure to delete them or not.

#33 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

You can delete them :) Now we'll see if McAfee is still listed as an installed program on your system. If it is, we'll uninstall it using msiexec.exe. If it doesn't work or fail, we'll use their clean-up tool. We'll still use it after just in case there's remnants.

Press on Win Key + R, this will bring up the run box. In it, enter cmd, this will open the command prompt. Now, I want you to enter the following command:

reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall /s > %userprofile%\Desktop\hklm_uninstall32.txt

Once done, press on Enter and let the command run. You'll know that the command is over when the next line will appear and be ready for input. Once this happens, enter this command:

reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall /s > %userprofile%\Desktop\hklm_uninstall64.txt

Once done, you'll end up with two files on your desktop: hklm_uninstall32.txt and hklm_uninstall64.txt. I want you to move these files in a folder that you'll create, archive it in a .zip and upload that archive on ge.tt. You'll then post the download URL for that file here. Alright? :)

Edited by Aura., 23 April 2015 - 06:01 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#34 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:15 AM

Topic moved to Am I Infected.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users