Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

freezing problems

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:45 PM

TinaK, if you choose to uninstall McAfee, let me us know and we'll link you the instructions to follow since you won't be able to uninstall it the normal way. If you choose to keep McAfee and uninstall avast!, we'll make you repair the McAfee installation so it shows up correctly next time. Just let us know your choice.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

BLEEPING COMPUTER has a number of Anti Virus program removal tools ready for downloading.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows/

#18 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,634 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:50 PM

Most of them are outdated (I checked like 2 days ago), so its better to link them straight from the Antivirus vendor website. Also some Antivirus vendors have multiple uninstallers depending on the product, like Bitdefender.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#19 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:56 AM

You also have 2 PC Backup programs.  Seems redundant, and an easy way to save hard drive space to delete one of them. 

#20 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,634 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:46 AM

MyPC BackUp is also not even a real back up program solution since it's classed as PUP.

unite_blue.png

#21 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

MyPC BackUp is also not even a real back up program solution since it's classed as PUP.

Really?  http://www.getcloudstorage.net/mypcbackup-review/

#22 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,634 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

Yes, really.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-mypc-backup

unite_blue.png

#23 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

Then you haven't researched the program enough....

#24 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

The product has been researched by major security vendors like Emsisoft and Malwarebytes as well as Grinler, the site owner of Bleeping Computer...and has been determined to be a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP).
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#25 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

The product has been researched by major security vendors like Emsisoft and Malwarebytes as well as Grinler, the site owner of Bleeping Computer...and has been determined to be a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP).

http://www.getcloudstorage.net/mypcbackup-review/

Is MyPCBackup a Scam/ Malware?

scam.png

If you’ve been looking into cloud storage services lately, you may found some information that leads you to believe MyPCBackup is actually spyware/ malware. Is this really true? I’ve done the research and here is what I found out.

MyPCBackup is Legit.

This brand is owned by Just Develop It! as mentioned above. Just Develop It! is a huge conglomerate of software and services for computer users. There is no way they would back any company that was not a legitimate one. In fact, I’ve tried MyPCBackup personally and found it to be just fine. My computer didn’t suffer any ill effects, it didn’t install any spyware/ malware and it worked like a charm.

So Why Do Some Say It’s Malware?

For one thing, when you opt for a free trial of MyPCBackup and download the software from the corporate website, it comes with all sorts of popups. Until you purchase or uninstall the software, you will get constant reminders that your trial is about to expire along with messages urging you to pay for a full subscription. These are annoying (and exactly what I don’t like about MyPCBackup), but they aren’t technically “malware.”

Here’s something else that seems to be going on: some download sites are offering software bundles that include MyPCBackup along with other programs. MyPCBackup gets installed on a person’s computer without their knowledge and those annoying popups asking to upgrade come up every time they turn on their computer (along with who knows what else). It just makes sense to associate MyPCBackup with malware, but this really isn’t the case.

#26 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:57 PM

I did not say it was malware or a scam...I said it was a PUP. The writer of that review is not a security expert.

MyPC Backup is a online backup program that is commonly bundled with free programs that you download off of the Internet. This program offers cloud backup services for your computer, but only allows you to backup 50 files unless you purchase a license for it. When MyPC Backup is first started, you will be asked to create an account for the program by providing your email address and password. Once you register an account you will receive a flurry of automated emails that are supposedly from your account manager Gabriel. These emails will welcome you to the service, explain how to use it, and eventually Gabriel will offer you a special 20% discount off the price for the service.

While running, MyPC Backup will also display numerous nag screens that are designed to convince you to purchase a license. These nag screens will appear from the Windows task bar and will be shown over any application you may be running. These screens will contain alerts that you haven't backed up today, that you must purchase a license to backup more than 50 files, or 20% discount offers.

It is important to note that MyPC Backup is bundled with and installed by free programs that did not adequately disclose that other software would be installed along with it. Therefore, it is important that you pay close attention to license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed. Furthermore, if the license agreement or installation screens state that they are going to install a toolbar or other unwanted adware, it is advised that you immediately cancel the install and not use the free software.

If you find that MyPC Backup is on your computer and you do not wish to purchase a license, then we suggest that you remove it so you will no longer continue to see the nag screens. To remove this program, please use the guide below to remove MyPC Backup and other adware that may have been installed with it.

Threat Classification: Information about Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP)

#27 TinaK

TinaK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:41 PM

Thank you for your patience Aura

I didn't know about McAfee, I would rather uninstall that and here is the link to the auto-run http://ge.tt/8HnpNtE2/v/0?c

#28 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,634 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:59 PM

Alright TinaK, I want you to delete the entries I will list below. All of them will be highlighted in either yellow or pink. The name listed will be the name that appears in the first column (Autorun Entry). In order to delete them, you have to make sure Autoruns is opened as an Admin, right-click on them and select Delete. If you're not sure about an entry, let me know. I'll also list them in the order they are being displayed.
  • mwlDeamon (yellow)
  • \DTReg (yellow)
  • \Optimizer Pro Schedule (yellow)
  • \Test TimeTrigger (yellow)
  • C:\PROGRA~2\SearchProtect\SearchProtect\bin\SPVC64Loader.dll (yellow)
Let me know once it's done, and we'll proceed with uninstalling McAfee.

unite_blue.png

#29 lephonghau

lephonghau

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:22 AM

First you should check the hard drive.Then use Tuneup utilities program to optimizing your PC

#30 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:30 AM

First you should check the hard drive.Then use Tuneup utilities program to optimizing your PC

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

Be sure to read Microsoft's support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities in that topic...Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners.

Further, these types of junk optimization programs are often bundled with other software you download and most are considered Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) so they may be detected or even removed by some security scanners which specifically look for PUPs and adware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users